• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non board spring wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non board spring wheat?

If I grown an unregistered variety of spring wheat (or winter) can I sell it outside the CWB? Can I export it without dealing with the buyback?
    Does the CWB handle soft white WINTER wheat?

Screw the CWB

all wheat/barley grown in Canada is subject to getting an export license from the CWB.

Whether they give you one or not is what determines whether or not u can ship it.

Quebecers always get the licnese.

Ontarians always get the license.

Not only that, but u pay the bill for them getting the license.

So talk French. Maybe u can fool them.

Parsley

Comment

I had a brokerage deal with this 2 years ago. My customer in the US was willing to buy about 5000mt of wheat from my farmer in SK. It was an unliscenced variety up here, but a US variety. We tried to do it all on the up and up, applied to the CWB for a buyback, this was feed wheat to them. They were willing to give a buyback, at PRO value plus about $90 a tonne!!!! We could have gotten PRO plus about $75 by selling it, the CWB screwed my guys royally. Not only did they not want this wheat, as evidenced by the low PRO here, but they didn't want them to sell it to anyone else, as evidenced by the buyback.

Comment

Just curious what peoples experience in 2007/08 on the relationship between the DPC/FPC and the producer direct sale price. Will note the following quote from the CWB information on changes to the DPC in the current crop year.

"As part of the DPC operating guidelines, the CWB is also committed to keeping the spread between the DPC and the Producer Direct Sale (PDS) relatively narrow and stable with the proviso that under exceptional circumstances, the spread could be widened to protect grain that was required for the CWB marketing. This provision has never been exercised. The linkage between the PDS and the DPC provides farmers with the assurance that both the DPC and PDS will track the average price to cross border elevator prices for grain of similar quality. If the DPC price is low relative to an elevator across the border, then selling to the U.S. using the PDS should be attractive. Conversely, if the PDS is high relative to the cross border prices, then the DPC is also likely to be high."

Comment

Parsley, under what federal jurisdiction or agency are the penalties/fines for exporting WITHOUT a CWB export licence determined and applied?

Does the cwb retain that authority? or would that fall under Canadian customs authority?

If it is customs then...

Maybe we could convince the conservatives that the penalty for a farmer directly exporting wheat out of the designated area should be applied at oh maybe 5 cents a tonne.

As Ron says screw the cwb and the cwb Act and do an end run around the pricks. 1000 tonnes will cost you fifty bucks, get customs to treat exporting wheat just like illigal parking.

And there is nothing the cwb could do about it.

That is the answer in my opinion.

I went through University without a parking pass and only paid parking tickets at 5 bucks a pop, my parking costs were 50 bucks a year, my buddy bought a pass for $150, boy would he get upset when I would rib him about spending too much on parking.

Comment

QUESTION:"Parsley, under what federal jurisdiction or agency are the penalties/fines for exporting WITHOUT a CWB export licence determined and applied?"

The CWB requires the exporter to have a license. Only the CWB can issue it.

In the past, the wxporters ran the border. Nobody stopped tham and nobody knew what was being exported.

The Goodale passed AN AMMENDMENT TO THE REGULATION

that all of a sudden required the exporter to SHOW the export license at the border.

NO SHOW? Well then Customs charges him.

One option the Government has is TO RESCIND THE AMMENDMENT to present in writing, the required license.

Does this help?

Parsley

Comment

Again the Little Liberal from Red China Screwed western Canadian Farmers. But Regina and Wascana Centre continually vote for this guy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...