• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fixed price contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed price contracts

Anyone locking in at the high right now,? Did some but thinking of doing more!

Its gonna freeze hard tonight in places.

Possible outcome:

In a week CWB withdraws from market to assess damage. Wheat goes up $1.00.

In November when they have it figured it out and wheat has dropped $2.00 - make a sale or two - average it out over 12 months and tell everyone you extract a premium.

Nightmare or déjà vu?

Comment

I have locked some in also. Expect the basis to take another bite out of the futures price when the new pro comes out.
      About a week or more away. I don't believe the pro when all is said and done will match the current fixed price. We have midge damage to show up here so contracting is high risk for me.

Comment

Will also note the CWB adjustment discounts have been steadily getting more negative/uglier. Current adjustment factor for CWRS/CWHS/CWES is $4.25/tonne (Aug. 1 $2.50). CPS (red and white)/CWRW is $5/tonne (Aug. 1 $3). CWSWS is $6/tonne (Aug. 1 $3). Reflects the drag factor of existing sales that have occurred for the 2007/08 pooling year.

Also agree there is risk that an increase in the August PRO will get eaten up by weaker/uglier CWB adjustment factors on fixed price contracts. Can one of our pro single desk guys explain the logic behind the adjustment factor on fixed price contracts?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...