• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion with CWB and My US Contract Barley.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion with CWB and My US Contract Barley.

In a discussion today with the CWB and my Contract for Malt Barley to the USA.
    I was Calm and Explained the contract that I have and for a certain amount of tonnage. Then the CWB employee went Ape on me and said I needed to Send the Contract in and they would decide if its legal and that under no terms could I deliver any grain Against it. ETC ETC.
    Then he went on that the Money would go into the Pool and I would be paid initial etc.
    Then when I started to get mad he comes back with that I am harassing him etc. Well then all hell broke out he got on how this is political by the Conservatives to kill the CWB who are doing an excellent job for Canadian farmers.
    And that as a tax payer he doesn't like things that the Conservatives are doing and people should take them to court.
    Then I reminded him that Without me he has no Job. The farmers are held ransom by the Bureaucracy of the CWB and its our Checkoff that pays his salaries etc.
    Finally I hung up I had enough of this employees tactics etc.
    Why cant these people realise they are killing themselves.
    The ropes around their neck and the shout is just about dropping.
    CWB have a great day.

I don't for a second believe, that a CWB employee would give you the gears as you describe. They have always been professional and co-operative with us, when problems arise.

Comment

They have always been helpful with me (even though I dont appreciate all they do for me) but I did talk about the barley vote with one a couple months ago and it was like talking to another culture (they spoke english but I didnt understand what the hell they were trying to explain).
      Screw the CWB

Comment

I think you should tape conversations. I do it all the time while making contracts as do the grain companies I deal with. In fact the CWB should have a tape of your conversation.

Comment

just wondering if any of these contracts had clauses in them to determine what would happen if the barley market wasn't opened up? i would think most of them would have had a contingency for exactly what has happened either voiding the contract or some other solution.

Comment

SASKFARMER3

Have you been able to resolve this issue with the CWB? What did they offer you (if anything)?

Comment

Also interested, what is happening lately.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...