• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

class action suit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erik

Will do a summary over the next couple of days. Short answer is lots of other market factors are coming into play. Another factor is the grain companies/CWB are working on a process to ensure the 500,000 to 600,000 tonnes gets done. Likely can cut deals to put on additional sales. This is likely all the market needed to hear for the moment to prevent further declines. The real proof will be cash markets this coming month.

Malsters are the ones who will really get squeezed again. They still are not able to get market signals out to farmers to ensure barley is brought in for selection and to ensure farmers are willing to store to next summer. Under the theory, you can't force a buyer to pay more and you can't force a farmer to deliver, don't know how you would prove damages. At the end of the day, it will be opportunity lost.

Comment

If farmers have good malting barley, deliver to Rahr. They support farmers.

Period

As for the rest of the Canadian maltsters, if I had any malt barley, feeding it to cows would be my choice. The maltsters didn't support choice for farmers at all. I'd remember that when I'd sell my barley.

Steers are more appreciative of what Western farmers need than Canadian maltsters, in my humble opinion.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...