• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck with the swather 6 times today.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. The neighbor with the Macdon came today, and are having zero issues at all. Leaving ruts, yes, but not stuck all the time. I guess it is a hopeless Case? lol

Is the Case heavier? Operator issues?

I may never know. But it is getting cut. Thanks for the concern, and hearing me in a foul mood. Thankfully the other fields are not shelling, nor near so ripe, so at least that gives some wiggle room.

Comment

Go hard!!!

Finished swathing for 2015 this morning. Nice thing with two combines one is going while I move the other. Hopscotch!

Comment

Tom, he does not have a seed farm - there is a limit to some peoples spending - regardless of possible benefits.

Comment

Furrow,

How having a seed farm changes things... you were kidding... right...

Had rice tires for years after our wet fall... worked well and were amazing what they would go through.

Not much difference in cost either...

Glad the Macdon works Freewheat! wonderful machines make great swaths as smooth as silk!

Comment

Are you able to get a track kit for your swather?..it may help give it a little more floatation

Comment

Furrow. If it's that wet as much as you all day then at some point you need to be prepared for it.

Comment

Freewheat, glad to hear you're getting er done. Talked to a friend in MBs interlake who said rice tires would have really helped. They depend on them.

Comment

Hobby, you last post was a very good one. Turn a high stress and frustrating time into a learning one.

If I may add to it, I would suggest that everyone share their thoughts of frustration and how that can lead to accidents or worse.

And finally, I would also tell them "you know it could be worse, it will take time but we'll get er"

Comment

I used to get pretty wound up to get er done but I learned that beyond my farm gate nobody cares. Its just farming, i am really not that important in the grand scheme of things. I do not produce things that society cherishes. Im not drilling for oil, selling shiny new vehicles, or 90 inch Tvs. So, I do the best I can and It gets done. i am never first but I am never last.
                    When things go sideways, then left of sideways, and the stress climbs on me, the Annie Lennox cover tune of Neil Young song "its only castles burning" creeps into my head. When I start humming that tune its time to stop and take a break or there will be a meltdown! It think that tune reminds me it could always be worse.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...