• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degleman Pro Till

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degleman Pro Till

I'm trying to keep up with 1% of what S3 does/has....

There are 4 Degleman Pro Till's on Ritchie Bros Auctions. Am intersted in buying one to use when conditions need it.

I find it surprising there are 4 identical units on this sale. Are they not very well made or have problems?

Anyone have experiences with these?

Any comments are appreciated

That's funny!
    Don't own one but if it's degelman made should be well built.
    After the Kelly is paid for might get one as it has a place.

Comment

I was going to add the assumption of "well built" because of Sask company. Kinda like Bourgault, can always count on the company to stand behind their product

Just find it odd that 4 are on the sale, maybe its lease turnbacks

Comment

Run a 40 foot with notched disks in front and smooth in back. Have the rubber roller. Solves multiple problems In one pass. Old badger/gopher holes, sprayer ruts, long crappy pea straw, generally rough fields all solved in one pass at 11mph.. It is built like a brick shithouse, typicAl degelman built equipment. Questioned its uses when I bought it and since running it have not questioned it again. Best canola field germination this year protilled at 1.25" and seeded with my Seedmaster. Only fields that multiple spring frosts didn't effect end yields

Comment

I wondering where the 4 came from as well.

Watching what they sell for because I don't want to wait until October to get one.

Also curious as to there resale.

I really want hobby to chime if they are practical for organic farms.

Comment

Unreal how hard they pull. Very expensive per acre cost but do a nice job.
            We have a salford. Wouldn't buy another one.
            To little done in a day for the fuel burnt.

Comment

I am still dragging around an old Kello Bilt disk. Very well built, does what it is supposed to. I usuallyplowdown about 400 acres per year and break up about 200 acres per year of very old Hayland.
              This year, I have had my fill of bouncing over this rough stuff for two to four passes. They make a course cut, which requires multiple passes and lots of bouncing and shaking.
              I see 2 organic neighbours have purchased Lemkins. More than ever I think those tools, joker, degleman, lemkin, Salford have a very good fit on organic farms. They will do a similar job but leave a considerably less rough and less wavy field finish. It may take one or two extra passes, but you won't be breaking off caster wheels, and shaking the life out of your other machinery.
              Plus they can also replace heavy harrows.

Comment

Jake. I asked at Farm Progress show how many HP per foot. And I think it worked out tp pretty much the biggest HP tractor made for their biggest unit. Don't quote me but I thought they make a 40 ft that needs about 600 Clydesdales. I wasn't buying just inquiring.

I think tillage (of any sort) before seeding here this spring would have been a recipe for a wreck. We didnt need to dry anything out, "she" took care of it. I bet germ would have sucked big time.

Comment

Richard5- another quality company that now sells these is Riteway. I talked to them at the farm progress show.

Personally wouldn't buy one since I'm too cheap and don't like the fact it takes 15 HP per foot to pull.

Comment

Thanks Oliver, I have looked at those also but more interested in the Degelman

But only if the price is right.

Not one to drive 11 mph, thinking it will do a good job at 6. Selected acres only, long term purchase

Comment

Used one last fall. The K ? That flaman rent out. 335 horse on 26 ft was a hard pull. Lots of fuel to do 330 acres. Was a big mistake. Dried the fields out. Poor germ this spring with peas and canola. And seemed to leave fields very rough. Not sure that I will use one again.

Comment

Farmers can literally be sold anything.

Comment

I have a Salford 5100 heavy duty disk. We did a bunch of fall work with it last year with good results. But this fall it is so much wetter I think I will just go with the Salford RTS. Lots less fuel and when its wet it does a great job working shallow.

Comment

Richard5, how are you going to impress your neighbors crawling around at 6 mph?

Comment

It will not do a job at 6mph .. The faster you pull it the better it works . Does not pull overly hard on our loam soils. If you can't pull it properly at high speeds save your money. There is much debate over these machines however they have a purpose.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...