• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rising Carcass Weights, Cows Strong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising Carcass Weights, Cows Strong

Noticeable jump in U.S. and Cdn cattle carcass weights heading into early fall. Feedlots losing some currentness.
    Alberta fed bids have slipped about 12% since mid-July.

But feeder bids heading into the fall calf run appear well supported by U.S. buyers taking advantage of the weak loonie. Cow prices remain strong.

I hope the cattle prices stay very strong - it was far to dismal for far too long for the guys on the ground.

Comment

The weak loonie is a major support for our prices, especially for feeders. It's been difficult for western Cdn cattle feeders to compete with U.S. buyers given their purchasing power. Calves will continue to head south.

Fed prices may remain on-the-defensive into early Oct (IMO) as cheap chicken may come into the mix this fall. The overall U.S. meat glut continues to expand. Also, October pork month approaches which suggests more retail featuring.

Cow prices, butcher bulls appear bullet-proof. D1/D2 still averaging around $1.40/lb in Alberta.

Comment

I notice my wife putting on a few pounds.

Just woke up after mentioning it.

Rotflmao.

Humour is the best drug.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...