• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far along on Harvest are You?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far along on Harvest are You?

Just curious as Most in our area are just getting started. If you didn't have peas your wheat is just ready or your picking up Barley.
    A few were doing Canola But it can take any rain event so Why not do your cereal that cant. Strait cut canola I would have taken as rain will not help with yield especially if their is tiny hail with it.
    So as my post stated what stage are others at.
    We hit the 13% mark and I think that would be a good average for our area for most farmers.
    So all done or just ready to go?

Remember farm size and how you're equipped and the area you're in will determine your progress. Excess rain or lack of rain. We're at about 75%.

Comment

75% also. Had a good run here, a few drizzles yesterday put us on hold.

Comment

Also 75 per cent.
        Just canola left.

Comment

24 percent.

Comment

60% done here.
            Just one field of later wheat and canola left.

Comment

Here is a better question. How far along are the graincos and railways in moving grain in your are.

It amazes me that farmers freely tell the world how things are going with weekly detailed crop reports.

But none of the rest of the supply chain reports SFA in a timely manner. Maybe months after or in statscan case years later.

Comment

I am sure Sarcan would do a far better job than statscan..

Comment

Yea Here all three guys with 6 combines just started. If your heavy barley then you had a busy week.

Comment

Furrow at least the workers their can count and only mess up once in a while. They get paid less.

Comment

I said that also. Most farmers are in Crop insurance and have to report stored grain. You want that number correct in case you have a claim.
                      Way more people than stats can phone a friend make work project.

Comment

5/4 lentils done, 1/2 canola, 3/4 Glenn wheat, guess about 1/2 done, but all dry-awesome, and all the fingers and toes still attached. Our rain guages at Regina showing over an inch of rain last night.

Comment

50% done. Mostly canola and a bit of flax left.

Comment

At 40% done..
                            Wheat yield is between 48-53..

Canola looks like 50 plus is at 36..
                            Center pods did not fill..Guess 13 inches of rain was not enough?

Comment

bucket, you can get shipping figures from the Ag Transport Coalition at

www.agtransportcoalition.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...