• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Producer article on Legumex Walker.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Producer article on Legumex Walker.

Looks like they had tough first half of 2015. Initially I thought they just wanted to spin off the Washington State canola crushing plant, now it sounds like its all for sale. Anyone have any outstanding business with them, delivered grain or production contracts?

Hobbit, is it too late for A/R insurance on undelivered production contracts. Or "under the circumstances" could you even get it on a new contract?

Maybe only a load at a time and no more until payment is received for that grain. And absolutely no deferring.

If they want to back out of their commitment that would be ok with me. Grain is very likely forward sold

Only Pioneer pays when you dump. We are waiting for payment from two others. They say 10-15 days after delivery. When you dump, the deal should be if the price is higher the day they write the cheque, that's what you get paid.

Comment

I think most line companies will pay when you finish hauling. The special crops processors seem to take their time and I know of one that is ****ing atrocious. I'm not their banker. Have a larger LOC or Operating Loan like I would have to.

Comment

Farmaholic,

Phone the A/R Insurance companies and ask them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...