• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reality check on USDA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality check on USDA

Profarmer tour on in the states.

This quote is from Katie from DTN

After 5 stops in Ohio were averaging 159 bpa on corn vs. USDA's 168 bp. Beans avg 991 pods, about 200 below 3 yr avg. #pftour15

If stepping in front of a loaded freight train your idea of fun... be ready to change direction fast if it does not stop. China is a real reason to think twice...

Comment

From DTN this morning:
      "No need for irrigation in southeast South Dakota Monday. Crop scouts on the western leg of the crop tour are slogging through parts of South Dakota and Nebraska after rain dampened fields last night and kicked up again at mid-morning.

Although some hail and occasional nitrogen challenges were found, the crop so far appeared to be thriving. "We've found some pretty darn good corn," said Kurt Line, an Indiana farmer participating in the western tour. Line and his fellow scouts pulled corn samples from four stops in South Dakota that averaged 157 bpa. Soybeans on his route through midday were found to have 1,496 pods in a 3x3 foot square. Soybeans are not measured for yield on the tour.

The South Dakota route this DTN editor scouted averaged 172 bpa over seven stops (all dry land) and 1,054 pods in the 3x3 foot square, compared to last year's tour average of 152.7 bpa and 1,057 pods..."

Comment

Where are the big corn states again ?

Comment

The surprising, and good thing, today was that despite the Pro Farmer tour ongoing, the market reacted little.

Some caution today was no doubt due to very high prevent plant acres. There will likely be more as Missouri is behind in reporting.

I wouldn't be a spec buyer but if I was an end user I would take some protection.

Comment

Dakotas, Iowa, northern Illinois and Minnesota are good. Ohio and Indiana Southern Illinois and Missouri aren't so good.

Comment

South Dakota has a huge crop coming. Usually it is a drier state. Corn avg yield looks like 172, beans huge as well. Pods are well above the avg. if that state has few issues hate to hear how the good ones are doing. Prices may struggle with the glut of product world wide.

Comment

I'm certainly not bullish, but things can and will likely change. Remember, El Niño is building and may be of record as El Niños go. A strong El Niño should impact South American weather adversely.

Comment

Just wonder how you all put some zip in Round Up both in crop and in yards. I am finding that Round Up alone give me disappointing results lately. On yard weeds, I add a little Sodium salt to get a sure kill and I also have purchased Par Three for dandelions in the grass. As for a desiccant - This year desiccation with Round Up should have worked like a dream with the heat of last week. How are your results? Maybe I put mine in upside down, LOL.

Comment

Just wonder how you all put some zip in Round Up both in crop and in yards. I am finding that Round Up alone give me disappointing results lately. On yard weeds, I add a little Sodium salt to get a sure kill and I also have purchased Par Three for dandelions in the grass. As for a desiccant - This year desiccation with Round Up should have worked like a dream with the heat of last week. How are your results? Maybe I put mine in upside down, LOL.

Comment

SDG,

Did that 'Heat up Roundup" post double to this thread as well?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...