• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta wheat Commision,John Depape

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta wheat Commision,John Depape

Wonder what we're getting from the $750 k ? Was talk of Aug 1 ? Anyone heard anything ?

A good spot on a warm beach.

Just a guess.

Website hasn't updated since June.

AAFC port prices are lagging as well.

Transparency - what's that?

Comment

The problem with depape's idea is that it's an average of graincos collusionary prices.

Until someone has a hard look at actual costs of grain movement it's a non starter.

I have no problem with graincos making money but they sort of need us peasants to be making some money as well.

Comment

For the $750 000.00 we know what we are getting Nothing.

It is not really nothing we got a dysfunctional marketing system controlled by the trans national grain companies.

The price of 1RS wheat at my elevator is $5.60 a bushel CDN or $4.10 a bushel US. Some may call this Freedom but it is robbery.

With respect to De Pape I previously informed our readers Mark Twain once said "tell me where a man gets his corn pone from and I'll tell you what his pinion is"

De Pape gets a lot of corn pone while we farmers get the shaft.

Comment

I have been chatting this up.

WE compare the Canadian cost to market versus our competitors. Fixed costs: rail freight, transloading, ocean freight, grading, and elevation: difference between FOB value and farm gate.

Pick our strategic competitors and do a cost to market study. Canada needs to remain globally competitive, we need to do the global report card to see just how competitive we are.

Any biters? WGRF has a lot of money to spend maybe this would be a worthy investment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...