• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record US crop?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record US crop?

How much of this does it take to bring down the average?

When turkeys fly out of the WKRP news helicopter ....

Comment

Down in Iowa right now and the crops are good from North Dakota thru Minnesota and South Dakota but according to farmers in southern Illinois, Indiana and Ohio they are terrible. I will say the will average 160 plus on there corn. Beans also look good thru those States and poor in the ones mentioned above.

Comment

Thanks for that Furrow. ROTFLMAO

Comment

N.D. soy sufferingfrom too much rain, there is no record crop there. Corn does look good.

Comment

To finish furrows thought.....

"As God is my witness ....I thought turkeys could fly..."

Funny show I still laugh when I think about that episode.

Comment

Poor Nessman - he was traumatized ... lol

Comment

I think if you fly one of those over 80 of western Canada you will see the same thing . CWB estimates are way off after the last 7 days.

Comment

Furrow

If you miss the areas with the least moisture....prior to this rain, it's pretty hard to take the estimates seriously. This rain did nothing for local crops and some with better crops now have worse looking prospects.

But wtf would I know.

Comment

I know - that what my point as well

Comment

Took a drive from stoon to Battleford via Biggar today. Did a little snooping on the way. Lots of missing pods,30-60%. There's going to be some long faces once the combine hits the field, even on the stuff that looks good from the approach. Not many have a chance of breaking 30.

Comment

Agreed - the pockets of good crop are small and scattered . Well except for Toms area - sound wounder full all around him.
                        The variability in this years crop will be huge mile to mile all over western canada - with the bias on the lower than average by more than some think.
                        Current prices will mean a net loss in a lot of areas but not enough to trigger crop ins or even close to a Global Ag risk payment . But I guess it is what it is , been here before

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...