• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Weather Network

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weather Network

The 14 day forecast for our area, shows over 100 mm of rain. Is the more systems coming? I hope not.

Their accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. In our area anyway.

Comment

Fed Gov't spent $134 million on enviro Canada last year. Was it money well spent?

Comment

If we got all the rain weather network forecast we certainly wouldn't have the dry concerns we have!

Comment

HFL, i agree completely. They had 1" forecast on monday, and were calling for rain all day and night even though it was evident the system would stay east of the 4th. I remember the "monsoon" they were forecasting in early June with 2-3" over 2 days that was in the "forecast" as late as the day of the supposed event. Honestly, the only reason i keep the app on my phone is to keep an eye on current conditions when I'm on the road!

Comment

Our 1.6" turned into 4".

Comment

August 4-8 weather network forecasting large rainfall amounts.

What is Lerner and others predicting?

Comment

I'm sticking with the YR.NO Norwegian site. Early last week they predicted an inch for last Thursday - we got 6/10th. At the same time they predicted a half inch for this Monday and we got 6.5/10ths. They are usually right on the money a week ahead of the event. Next prediction for us in an inch on Thursday of next week.

Comment

Grass farmer- what website do you use

Comment

Grassfarmer I
                    too use the YR.NO Norwegian weather site they are bang on the forcast 90% of the time,there radar is good too.

Comment

the website is just yr.no The home page is in Norwegian but just enter "Regina Canada" and it comes up in English. I look at Ninette, MB so it has some pretty small places listed.

Comment

nibs, I never knew they had radar images.
                        Should add the poorest part of their forecast is predicting frost or windchill in winter - don't seem to have much clue. Timing and quantity of precip they are really good at.

Comment

I will check out this Norwegian forecast as well, it can only be better.

Totally different forecast than weather network.....no rain through August 7th on the Norwegian site and rain August 4-8 on weather network.

Comment

.......and Bethune radar is down. Image isna composite of surrounding radars and services.

How do you like that sumdumguy?

In the heart of the Prairies where weather is so important to one of the major industries and they have ongoing trouble with that damn thing. Remember how many times it was out last year?
                            Come on Environment Canada!!!!

Comment

I think it's been down for awhile. It's about like the government.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...