• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report! on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad storms moving through MB right now. I hope we have a crop to report on next week.

Comment

Is it true that Saskfarmer gets paid directly from this site to write the weekly reports for Agriville ?

Comment

Ha ha ha ha oh stop my guts hurting!
        No I hated the useless crop reports that came from Sask ag and food etc. every thing is ok nothing to see bull shit!
        So I created the Friday crop report on Thursday!
        Have a great night it's time for a Corona!
        Note
        A truck load of hrs makes makes 42000 loafs of bread that sell for $84,000 and a farmer gets $5,200. Great system!

Comment

Mb getting pounded tonight... 2 to 3 inches in. Places and still pouring

Comment

SF3 it's those numbers that piss the French Farmers off, us just play dead.

Comment

Now the rains are coming daily. Wish it was June. But not complaining......yet.

Comment

Does the canola that you sprayed Radiate on have more and bigger pods or less blanks

Comment

Up to now, I have stuck pretty close to home. Went to Humboldt today, then south to watrous, back over to wynyard, then back up home east of Wadena.

Not a real big trip, but here are my observations. Left here, where crops are really pretty good. Wadena definitely lacked some of the rain we got and it shows as you head west. Lots of moisture stressed dips in the crops. And I was waiting for the big crops at Humboldt, but honestly I never felt they were really that great??? Klause, how big is the garden spot, and where is it exactly, cuz I never saw it. Average ish IMO. South of Humboldt things slowly get worse. I did notice LOTS of fields with LOTS of wild oats. Maybe conditions, maybe resistance issues, but I was surprised. Wheat with wild oats, oats with wild oats, barley with wild oats. Crossed the 16 and things got pretty ugly, until just a bit east of Watrous, where suddenly there was some pretty darn nice wheat crops again.

Never got much of a look at the Lanigan to wynyard region, it was getting dark by then.

My main observation, is that if Humboldt is the garden spot, Western Canada is in big trouble.

Highway travel is not very hands on. If I had been alone, I would have jumped out several times to double check the highway speed observations.

IE south of Humboldt there is a schwack of what look like faba beans on the east side of the highway. But they are so dirty, one can not be sure. It did seem like 4 quarters straight. But there was so many weeds, it was hard to be sure what the crop was. I would have stopped a few places there to check my eyesight. Curious, cuz I grew some too.

Between spotty shower fortune, and soil type fortune, there is a real mixed bag in this small drive. The wheat right at Watrous was excellent. Some wheat though you could hunt gophers in. Never really saw a very good canola crop. A couple soy fields did look good.

Was just a nice day for a drive...

Comment

TASFarms, the Radiate canola appears to be a bushier plant with more pods. The plants are also slightly taller. Extra root growth is somewhat deeper, but, VERY much more growth laterally.

Cost was $7/acre. If hormones work it would be nice to have something non chemical to boost yield. The only downside would be A&W likely wouldn't use hormone treated oil in their fryer.

Too early to call AgriTrend and JD. We'll see if all the above puts more bushels in the tank.

Comment

Hey Freewheat, your drive from Humboldt to Watrous takes you through a lot of variable soil quality. A lot of sandy type soils. A little sand is great, a lot of sand is bad.
                      I was wondering about wild oats in the crop this year. I hope it isn't resistance.
                      Excellent patch of land just east of Watrous. Plus the guy is an excellent farmer too! A great combo.

Comment

Yes the land is very variable in that run.
                        Good areas that got rain will be a average like it use to be before the rains hit 10 years ago. Bumper to beat 2002 before the frost I think not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...