• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wahh Wahh crying like a baby, not surprised.

Comment

Deposits are a hundred percent insured **** is that funny. I read the actual budget hours after it came out when flahedty slid in the bank bail in clause. Between 45 days or sixty months you get front row seat to the fireworks.

Comment

I'm sure it's about as likely as an asteroid event.

Comment

Nothing........

Comment

Nobody seems to think the "Bail in"law happened. Very fn scary if you ask me

Comment

Every fiat currency eventually fails typically around the 40 yr mark. We are doing really well its been 44 yrs might even see 45.

Comment

If you think inflation is coming then why not like as much debt on as possible? Trying to figure out what the strategy is then to preserve wealth. Seems to me saving is the worst possible thing to do

Comment

Pile on like

Comment

Lol Beeadwinner,

I made a recommendation a couple years ago about a huge basis opportunity on cattle. Cotton came out swinging telling me how stupid I was and that I didn't understand markets. Worked out amazing, and a mid size feedyard could have made more on that $10 basis move alone than Cotton made on his farm. It's good to be stupid I guess. I hadn't posted much, cotton had no idea who I was, but I was stupid, I always use that to Judge the depth of someone's intelligence.

Comment

Thanks cattle, isn't that funny how the experts are always right but never seem to capitalize. If they actually knew something they would be loaded and not arguing with us simple types.

Comment

Yep pile on the debt any savings are earning a negative return with inflation. Hyperinflation can come on in a number of ways, but it always has one thing in common, a loss of faith in holding the currency. Becomes a hot potato when everyone decides to buy today because they know tomorrow it will be more expensive.

Comment

Cotton u seem to have it backwards, Lower interest rates encourages spending and borrowing which increases asset prices. Also puts downward pressure on cad dollar making our exports more attractive to foreigners. Does not help our equipment costs though.

Comment

And now you guys are making shit up as you go along. There is no way i ever said anything bad about cattle a few years ago. Nice smear though.

Comment

Have to wonder about wisdom of reducing interest rates prior to general election.
                              To my thinking, currency devaluation and inflation only works to prime the economy if people think there is going to be more of it.
                              Not the thing to appeal to older and retired voters who make up much of our governing party's base.

Comment

Good post, breadwinner.

Bring back those paper Canadian notes. At least they had a Btu value.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...