• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biotech info video that all Canadians should be shown.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious why ADO won't say who he is certified with?

Comment

1) Same one I told you last summer. 2) I have clean record and I don't need someone who doesn't like the fact that I don't drink the organic kool-aid causing me grief. I haven't needed to start a grievance log and I intend to keep it that way.

Comment

Don't recall you ever saying which one you were certified with? I guess a guy could find out via COR?

Comment

Pesticide Free Production had merit, but agreed, the organic demand wave swept it away.
          You could use fertilizer and a pre planting burn off. The only rule was no post emergence herbicides. Once the crop was out of the ground it was on its own. There was some really valuable crop rotation research done by Dr. Martin Entz.
          I was looking at this system, then the organic demand was strong enough for me to go "all in".

I know of a couple of 8,000 acre organic farms in Sask. Nowadays with large tractors and cultivators and high speed vertical tillage it doesnt take long to run over a field.

Comment

Pourfarmer, why the burning itch to find out?

Comment

Just curious is all, even more so now that it's a big secret.

Comment

Beat it pourfarmer no one needs to be repeatedly asked or give out it personal information on here.

Comment

Comment

The Pesticide Free Production model u suggest hobbyfarmer sound like a great model. Whos with me lets start the PFP Farmers Coop? 1 year waiting period instead of 3 like organic. Just no incrop chemical and no gmos. Simple
                    Theres a big market there a budget version of organic.

Comment

Biglentil, is that sarcasm, or you really don't know? We had the Pesticide Free Farmers' Co-op. We had a trademark. We had at least two PF branded successful products. We had sales of PFP malt barley on the books to Arizona hobby maltsers. The lawyers at the CFIA threatened legal action if we continued. They said the brand, PFP, implied that the products had no trace of pesticide residue and that couldn't be guaranteed. We insisted we weren't implying such, just certifying that no pesticides were applied to crop production (after emergence). CFIA once again, and forcefully this time threatened legal again.

That was the end of the co-op but some very good research on rotation and cultural pest control remains.

Comment

No I had no idea. Crazy I think the subject needs a revival and more publicity. How can they dictate such a thing. Let em sue let's take it to the Supreme court.

Comment

Or as simple as a name change, perhaps. There has to be a name that's acceptable like Incrop Chemical Free Farmers Coop.

Comment

There are markets, or was not long ago for pesticide free. The trouble I always found was that the premium would rarely if ever, outweigh the yield penalty. Big lentil,not trying to be rude, but you do realize that the minute you pour a jug of chemical into the tank it starts to break down. UV, bacteria, hydrolysis, oxidization, plant metabolism, etc, etc, etc all work to break down chemicals to basic elements. A properly applied chemical, with the proper PHI is virtually undetectable. Even the organic label can't claim pesticide (synthetic) free. Don't get me started on all the "natural" shit they're allowed to use.

Comment

Long ago organic hardly drove a premium either, but today organic demand is growing fast and premiums are high. I don't even have a problem with a shot of incrop herbicide early on, has lots a time to break down and I'm sure there is virtually no residue in the grain. What I do have problem with is the liter of glyphosate to even up maturity just before harvest on just about every damn crop these days. The glyphosate translocates directly to the seed. I also have a problem with guys that throw in bug juice everytime they spray their cereals with fungicide even if no problem exists. It's creating resistance, kills all the beneficials, and completely disrupts the food chain.

Comment

Yep, Biglentil, and when these Einsteins argue with the statistics that say there is no residue from the late applied Glyphosate, ask them why those seeds don't grow and germination is ruined.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...