• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Prices Knocking on Resistance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Prices Knocking on Resistance

I recognize there are lots with no crop. For those that have crop, I note today's market.

An expression from a friend about market rallies/changes: Markets are like buses. If miss a bus, there is likely to be another one shortly. My caveat is to know when the last bus comes. If you have been out for a night of fun and you miss the last bus, things can become interesting.

Charlie, would you say 540 November is resistance?
    If Nov settles above that today, we may have the start of a new price range.

Comment

Pretty hard to say on one day. I would actually like to see the market stay in the trading range for a while to allow commercials/actual buyer side to get covered before the market put on a potential leg higher.

Would actually expect a lower close today as everyone in the crop and for that matter commodity markets take a break/even positions over the weekend. Too many things in play these that involve unknown outcomes. Start fresh on Monday morning.

Comment

$540 seems resistance on the November. Weekly are no help - haven't been here for a while. Monthly charts are no help either with my thoughts pushing more towards $570.

Interesting markets. Definitely don't have all the answers on canola although the supporting markets (soybeans/products) cause me sober second thought. A very big rally based on acres/excess moisture. That to me says at least some in very good shape.

Comment

Interesting the markets closed higher except for wheat. Monday will be a very interesting week starting with the USDA crop progress report and then WASDE.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...