• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35c ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35c ??

If that does happen here, she all done , regardless if we get huge rains from Sunday till say Nov.
    Charlie how does one market that ??
    Potential for 40 today and maybe 5 in 4 days . Easy decisions are made from an office

Hard to market something you didn't produce. All I am suggesting to do is to pay attention to markets for the crop you think you will have for sale. Not everyone here will have a total disaster. Many will have bills to pay in the fall and canola sales are vehicle to do this.

To put things in perspective, I would rather talk about a 16 MMT crop that averaged $9/bu than a 12 MMT crop that averages $12/bu. Do the math and they both come up with same total revenue. Will be a lot different distribution of that gross revenue in the latter case.

Sorry. Don't control the weather or prices. Advice is worth what you are paying for it.

Comment

For what it worth in the world of markets, crop futures are all positive. Most hit close to support areas and have rebounded in their trading range. You can look at the charts.

Comment

Charlie I think we need to start a thread about getting out of contracts NOW in the latest price drop as it is July almost mid and if the fields look like shit one rain wont make grain.
        They will be ruthless if you cant deliver your contracted amount. Plan ahead.

Comment

For what it is worth, all Alberta farmers have taken crop insurance will have the risk management tool of the variable price benefit. Your coverage will increase based prices in October if you are in a claims situation. Much better to have a crop but this is a built in feature of crop insurance here. A potential big plus this year.

Farmers in Saskatchewan had a decision in March about using the variable price option where both coverage prices and premiums are recalculated in July (sometime this month). I have asked how many used variable price option to which I have never got a response which the answer I expected - not many.

Comment

I took variable price Charlie, what reason is there not to when prices are on the low side?

Comment

Nudge,

The Variable Price Benefit is in the base Crop Insurance in Alberta... not an option to be chosen.

Thanks Charlie for the explanation... if there are other growers who will fill the contract... that the farmer can arrange for; this will be better for the least cost to wind up the contract... someone who has not contracted their production and who is willing to sell during the delivery period contracted.

Comment

Tom, why would someone fill a contract for a cheaper price than they could realize on the spot market or future delivery option? Just saying it might be tough to find someone who will fill a contract shortfall this year. Also, lots of Producers will be in the same situation with poor yeilding crops.

Comment

Furrow how much wind in your area. We are looking at thirty two and fortyk

Comment

Had wind yesterday , but not hot
                    Not sure what the next two days

Comment

And then RAIN chances increase, of T-storm hail type...http://www.farmzone.com/sevenday_forecast/sk026

Comment

Farma,

Better to give some of the "Admin fee" to another grower... especially a good hearted neighbor... than the elevator co.

Cheers

Comment

Dead calm - hot , hazy
                          Finally got of ranch with family - *** it campin for the week - maybe it will rain now , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...