• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal Mart oil vs. Federated Coop Oils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil consumption, I find after a fresh oil change the need to add(unless you have an outright oil burner) isn't necessary until the damn stuff starts to breakdown. Unfortunately we don't get to what seems to the end of a reasonable time between oil changes before we need to start adding. What are others finding?

Comment

Tweety the point is some additives are better than others.

Oil is cheap compared to an engine.

We change oil every 125 hours no matter what. Works out that it's right at the add mark with those hrs.

Our tractors are all over 6k hours many never even touched.

Comment

Klause, your Massey would be a "new" one! Mine are from 6500 hours to 11,000 hours.
        Very reliable tractors, I noticed the only thing I am missing is a $30,000 semi annual payment!

Comment

From several hundred hours of vigorous testing between Walmart and Coop high performance oil I've found that the Walmart supertech oils will leak just as well from my equipment as the coop stuff. I do have one major issue with the Walmart oil, they use shitty plastic handles that limits the pails useful life to approximately one year. Thankfully we have no shortage of empty pails around here.

Comment

Now that is a priceless study.

Comment

How do you quickly and effectively clean all the oil and residue out of oil and hydraulic pails? I got fed up with trying and wasting time on them, I just buy new pails with metal handles in the US for less than $3 a pop. Very good quality too as the vet tried to run one over the last time she was on call here with her clinic van. Pail went under the van and not a single crack in it - but does have an easy-pour lip now.

Comment

Gas works, throw some nuts and bolts in and shake well. Do 4 or 5 pails with the same gas. It gets most of it

Comment

I throw a little dry sand in them and swish it around until it's stuck to everything that's wet. By the time the sand dries it takes most of the oil with it.

Comment

Oil Mart sells Mobil oil for a competitive price.
                    Rotella T at Candian Tire goes on sale occasionally.

Co-op too expensive.....apparently if you buy a 1000 liter shuttle their price is competitive but we use the 5 gallon pails.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...