• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former CIBC Economist says Farmland is new Gold

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former CIBC Economist says Farmland is new Gold

http://www.straight.com/news/472236/farmland-new-gold-according-carbon-bubble-author-jeff-rubin

“My dream investment is Prairie farmland. If I had to farm it, it would quickly turn into a nightmare. But if the next time the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board wants to scoop up prime Saskatchewan farmland, I wish they would invite me along to co-invest along with them. I think that Canadian Prairie farmland is the probably the hottest asset class out there. If you consider what the impact of climate change is going to be on that versus oil, particularly high-cost, emission-intensive oil, I think Canada has a lot better chance of being the world’s breadbasket than an energy superpower.”. Jeff Rubin.

Thank goodness crop production is immune to climate change....what a _ink.

Comment

I think he is a day late and a dollar short

Comment

Isn't he the peak oil guy? I guess he likes being wrong all the time. The China meltdown currently underway will not push land values higher 12 months from now. Good thing the crop is smaller this year.

Comment

As long as his cheque us good who cares.

If he wants to buy let him. Maybe he can start farming and see how it pans out.

Comment

what a f$&@?ng idiot . least he knows he is not smart enough to farm or have big enough balls . that's a good thing

Comment

Rents up tomorrow.

Comment

If farmland follows gold, see you downstairs.

Comment

I do loosely correlate an ounce of gold to an acre of good farmland. I think cotton or hopper had made a reference to an article describing that association but I cant find it now.

Comment

I do loosely correlate an ounce of gold to an acre of good farmland. I think cotton or hopper had made a reference to an article describing that association but I cant find it now.

Comment

I referenced but it wasn't out of an article. Just a historic fact of sixties seventies eighties nineties oo 10.

Comment

John Gormley had this clown on the air one day.

He is an eco loon earth muffin.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...