• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoke again.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke again.

So the latest news is that the smoke aka air pollution is beneficial to the crops in desperate need of rain.

I still need to ask then why do we need cleaner burning tractors and worry about a little burn here and there at garbage dumps etc. ?

Jees the next time I have a crop failure coming I might have to ask the province to start up the forest again to help out.

The logic is flawed even though I understand what they are saying.

Why not just say in some areas the crop is ****ed no matter what - write it off and let farmers start getting ready for next year again.

On DTN today NOAA forecasts rain later this month.

Comment

How many crops grow well with a total of 3 tenths from may 1 to July 31?

Comment

Hey Tom

Do you think you can start a spring wheat or canola crop at the third week of July and make money?

Comment

Lots of crops can be seeded profitably on July 31, especially this year. Swath grazing, greenfeed, silage... the later the better around here most years, with the end of July being about the cutoff.

Comment

When the jet changes and rains start , harvest could be a nightmare of mud and rotting grain! Has happened before. Weather patterns usually stuck for 6-8 weeks.

Comment

the trouble with late July rain is second growth just complicates what ever you do have.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...