• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global ag risk solutions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iceman that is not what I said. Anyone can partake just pay your premium. Not sure why you Give a shit about the Bayer deal. Its not that rich to be honest

Comment

What is the Bayer rebate?

5% ?

Comment

I am signed up with Gars and have pretty much dropped SCIC. (I endorsed 1 crop) I don't understand the negativity towards them. I mean we here again and again how subsidized SCIC and how fortunate we are to have it, and yet here GARS can come along and offer 300 per acre for 14-17. Granted I am a newer producer but I can't get that from SCIC. As a matter of fact can't get any where close to that, especially on the wheat. I realize Gars covers the whole farm and not individual crops but ultimately that is what I want to insure, my revenue not 70% of a pathetic wheat area average.

Comment

Gars would be a very good program is crop specific
          Egxample - we took a abosolute shit kickin on 1/3 of our total crop last year (peas) , but produced a good canola and wheat crop , got zero from gars and a pittance from crop ins - everything has a crutch ,,,,

Comment

Their insurance programs designed to make money. Its betting you wont have a problem.
            On gars it has a place but with years of lower production do to flooding our cost was up. We didn't take. Will wait for a few years if were back to normal to look at again.
            All insurances have a place farming without any insurance in Saskatchewan is a risk. Sorry just because you lucked out for 10 years doesn't mean the streak will continue.
            Ah mother Nature the Bitch wins.

Comment

Sask farmer.What would you guys been looking if the weather block did not settle in for the whole spring? Is that normal? Think you lucked out.When it moves that is when normal will come back.The system even fooled weather experts only a few days away from huge rain events this spring.who lucked out that those huge rain events were blocked? Those huge events happened this year in the east Canada.not sure anything to do with mother nature can be described as normal.Unless one considers extremes the new normal.

Comment

I Really like the concept and that they are trying to offer a revenue program and once the program grows up I will consider participating. I understand their desire to keep the program simple which is appealing.

I'm still not sure why they do not Include fuel to their list of expenses. They are worried that it can be manipulated or cheated on, there are a lot more significant loop holes in their program that. For example if you were in a claim position you could make sure to sell everything FOB the Farm = lower Revenue vs. Higher revenue with a fuel bill I cannot deduct.

I also believe margin eligibility should be based on your production. they associate all the risk to the premium you pay. Some of the risk should be transferred to them if you are a higher revenue farm. If my revenue is on average $100 acre more than another farm because I farm more productive land (which costs me more money) I should have an opportunity to purchase more Margin for the same price no?

Our farm had a decent claim from Ag Stability from the flood of 2011 it was a terrible year. We went 50% unseeded but what we had seeded performed very well. We would not have claimed anything from Gars in that year. A drought year with low Revenue and High inputs should be a true test of the programs effectiveness.

For now I find that 80% coverage in crop insurance and budget for options contracts, I can give myself coverage that requires a much less catastrophic loss to be covered and protect some of my upside.

Every farm is going to be working on different numbers and GARS definitely is a great options for some farms. I will continue to follow the program and watch it evolve, and someday perhaps it will have a fit on our farm.

Comment

I am under 1500 acres, they wont even talk to me, screw them.

Comment

There is not a doubt that there seems to be an elitism to their club. But when you read into it more, why would they want to insure us under 2000 acre guys? We don't matter. lol I mean on their website, under the guise of good management instead of shear luck, they yammer about how they are looking for top managers. What happens when it doesn't rain for those top managers, huh?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...