• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****seed convention

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****seed convention

Anyone hear the report on the ****seed convention in Saskatoon? Holy shit! They need to maintain research money so we can continue with benefits of new advancements , what an asshole. Shouldn't air a report like that on the farm show, shark tank is where he should pitch that shit.
    I can't afford any more advancements in the seed industry.
    It's like supporting terrorism, use our check off dollars to put the screws to you and talk about the advancements ,
    I'm just not in the mood to hear that shit right now!

Me neither, screw the research for the chain, let the rest pay! Get off the farmers back.

Comment

Farmers should pay four canola growers to plant and keep fresh seed stock for them. Wouldn't cost much. Just so you don't lose old varieties of canola seed. SE, SW, NE, NW. Better investment for Checkoff dollars than you now get? Pars

Comment

You mean the ones that get all diseased up without the new blackleg genes and multigenics? Or without clubroot resistance?

Those bastards doing innovation, damn them.

Sheesh.

Comment

I bet your house is full if slap chops and thigh masters tweety , they working good for you?

Comment

WTF are you talking about?

As diseases progress so also does the germplasm needed to deal with it. As far as innovation in crop life companies, nothing new really since 1997. Still using the same liberty/roundup technology as then.

Name one innovation in the last 10 years in canola? And no, going from 100 to 200 series liberty or 73 series to 74 series dekalb, isn't an innovation.

Comment

I misread your post, what I mean is exactly that, not much value for all the $ invested. Good advertising made seed companies alotta money.

Comment

Nope GOODRUM, I think tweety's sarcasm was fully intended...

I would agree though, changing the model number without any new options doesn't constitute innovation. And heaven knows there has been plenty of model number changes and with each a promise of better than those before, at an increased cost too...

Comment

....slap chops, too funny.

Comment

Well a slap chop is pretty cool :-)

I think very little of commission money goes into innovation and pure research. Most of the research is yet another frickin depth of seeding or speed trial.

What i'm talking about is real innovation like nitrogen fixing canola or a third and totally new unique chemistry with canola for herbicide tolerance. Verticilium wilt tolerance. Real schlerotinia tolerance not like Pioneers fake stuff. New CR strain tolerance.

I wasn't at the convention, perhaps that is what they are talking about.

So can anyone post an innovation in the last decade in canola?

Comment

tweety no worries , upov will change all that , yea right , lol

Comment

When does upov take effect?

Comment

How will it change that?

I keep saying it, if you don't want the new 'advances' don't send the signal you do by buying it.

Comment

further to how will it change that, canola was completely able to not have you save seed and there was no upov 91.

If you want to sign a contract that says you will never ever grow your production, and we ALL do it, then who is the hypocrite by saying the farmer has lost some magical power of seed saving?

Comment

Money for research and innovation should be plentiful for canola under the present model without one thin ****ing dime coming from checkoff or government funds. There has definitely been some value in the advancements along the way. Let's hope we see some REAL advancement in areas that matter. Not just a ratcheting up in seed costs for empty promises.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...