• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke - act a a fungicide or insecticide?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke - act a a fungicide or insecticide?

Just wondering if the smoke helps in any way with crop production?

Don't know, but havn't seen a mosquito in a week or so.

Comment

We still have them as our sloughs have not dried up yet from spring runoff. A big difference from 2002.
      If they do dry up... then watch the temps shoot up through the 33C... which was like 02 at 37C for days in July 02 here.

Comment

I think smoke almost universally keeps insect activity down. More so flying insects. I doubt the fungus cares

Interestingly I see the smoke is actually causing trouble all the way down to Oklahoma and Even to St louis!

Comment

I see it is 2C in Westlock this morning at 4am... the smoke must cause cold temps!

Comment

The smoke is keeping it from freezing , plus 2 here

Comment

2 degrees is like putting left overs in the fridge over night. Save the crop for another day.

Comment

What leftovers? Lol.

Comment

2C at 2M off the ground means... a touch of frost in some low areas. 2002, recall peas and canola being smoked July 23. The Mighty Peace got the worst of that mess.

Comment

Smoke is buying us more time to get a good rain.

Comment

Well I will gladly send you my allotment be a use I do not want rain.

It's way past helping and just adding repair bills if I am forced to combine.

It's a no win situation here.

October rains are a different story if that's what you mean.

Comment

Smoke - act of prestige and well-being! I understand that it sounds weird, but from the other hand, do you really think that it's okay to tell such things about smoking? I mean, people, you are driving cars, you are paying bills for electricity and water, do you really think that it comes from nothing? Everything pollutes our atmosphere, so let's be serious here! Do you want to smoke? Go and get yourself a pipe from a place like https://pipesarsenal.com vape and smoking shop and don’t give a heck about what other people will say. It’s your life, and it’s not a very long live, so live it the way you want to!
                        Last edited by JoeVance; Jul 2, 2021, 05:04.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeVance View Post
                          Smoke - act of prestige and well being! I understand that it sounds weird, but from the other hand, do you really think that it's okay to tell such things about smoking? I mean, people, you are driving cars, you are paying bills for electricity and water, do you really think that it comes from nothing? Everything pollutes our atmosphere, so let's be serious here!
                          TikToc: Tell me you're a moron without telling me you're a moron...

Comment

Looking back we have had way more near misses and frosts in the summer months by far than hot weather . Interesting to look back .

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                              Just wondering if the smoke helps in any way with crop production?
                              absolutely it does , 3 yrs ago (i think) it saved our ass

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...