• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ottawa plans compensation for farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumdum it is unfortunate the first to file first to patent law change enabled a protection time increase.

Regardless of what the new industry seed model will look like can farmers expect new seed technologies disease resistance etc but also not expect to pay for them ?

If u don't then AC Barrie et al are your go to varieties.

Comment

I think grain farmers are often jealous of the stability and good money that comes with SM and wish grains were the same way

Comment

Mustard that's total crap. Selling range for durim this past year was 12.50-16.00 on our farm. Under the board this would not have been possible as they would have done the same as always and presold 70% of the expected crop at Walmart prices prior to harvest.

Comment

Jdgreen

The old cwb needed a different attitude and maybe some new people. New owners won't be their savior in the long run.

As for this government's record it really hasn't been that good for primary producers.

Better for everyone else living off the primary producer and getting better all the time.

I am not sure this is what I voted for last time.

Comment

Seems also to me Tom you ve been boasting the last years about your weather there likely I would suspect you need a second coat of gold this year Taxpayer funded????

Comment

Keep drinking the Kool- aid Jd. And mouthing the mantra
              Marketing freedom
              Marketing freedom
              Marketing freedom
              Oh oh the graincos are Coming ! Lol

Comment

I hate to say I TOLD you so but Some of us tried warning posters on here about this government and we got nothin but $hit and abuse

They Are not and never have been a FRiend of the farmer ,corporate interests are their friends

Comment

Mustard

Yes I can hold up my hand and say they duped me.

I just wanted an open transparent market. Vessel reports, forward sale info etc.

Stuff like that that is a given in the states.

The conservatives won't entertain the idea nor add a regulator to both the railways and graincos with real teeth.

Most of that stuff should have all been put in place by now. Instead they give some a million dollars to develop an app that has no value other than averaging prices for info only. Idiotic.

Comment

And pdqinfo hasn't updated any news since June 1 2015.

Seems to me alot has happened since then.

Makes you wonder how accurate the pricing info is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...