• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bout some aid now boys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout some aid now boys

Perhaps its time to head to Regina and block off vic with the oldest and ugliest piece of self propelled iron you got to wake up those politicians to what is going on out on the farm!

I'm with you. The highway to North Battleford.

Comment

For you cuban, it would be what? A 2015 100 foot bourgault?

Go for it, and good luck getting more than three guys onside.

Comment

Me and another fellow were talking about this crop and what it's going to cost (some)Producer's AND therefore the Western Canadian economy. Anyone want to take a crack at counting the chicken's before they hatch? I know the brood on this farm is going to be reduced dramatically. The prices will have to increase dramatically to make up for what has been lost in yield. This isn't going to be pretty. Those lucky enough to have a decent crop on the way, enjoy it and be grateful, it's not my turn this year.

Comment

Ad hoc aid programs are not trade friendly. Would be countervailable especially with MCOOL being discussed.

Comment

When the **** did the Americans/Europeans ever begin to care about what was fair when it come to subsidies to protect their Producers and Industry? It's about the health of an Industry not pushing a cheap ****ing commodity out the door.

But all those ****ing trade agreements will give them the excuse they need, TO DO NOTHING!!!

Comment

I don't see industry begging for money.

Also curious where our farm groups are.

Comment

Bucket, you damn well know Producers are the hub of the "Industry". The shit hasn't hit the fan yet....

Comment

Well Farmaholic you sound just like RCALF and their ****ed up protectionist friends.

It's the rules. Supply managed safe. Everyone else can exist with Canada's "Suite" of Business Risk Management programs. (even the language is screwy)

You can about all you want but like the weather, you can't change it.

Thank your friends at the Canadian Federation of Agriculture.

Comment

Go for it, when the media finds out what you receive from crop insurance, agri invest and possibly agristability, there going to want to see your books.

That would open their eyes.

Comment

Farmaholic

No I mean industries like potash getting special status as a strategic resource. Or evraz getting a tax break.

It's no different. If this province and country want to ignore this drought and producers have at it. But then the next time a company comes to buy up the farmland potash steel oil see how the lack of foresight works out. I won't ****ing care either.

Comment

Where do you stand on it Braveheart?

I will survive but this could thin the herd of fellows we can't afford to lose. Its not all about me.

Comment

They left the cowboys hang out to dry after promoting their industry. Seed grass, dig dugouts and fence programs. Flooded areas and now a fairly wide spread drought. Under these circumstances when the Co's that gouge and collude and steal don't get paid by Producers I have trouble finding sympathy for them. Pretend I never said that. ...edit.

Comment

And here I thought farmers' gas rebates were a tax break.

Also thought govt-matched contributions that match farmer contributions to the Agri-invest plan were scooped out of the tax collected. I didn't hear it was changed.... Wonder if they have an income plan like that for electrical companies...

Isn't clearing land, and levelling land, a deductible expense? aka a tax break?

Aren't crop insurance premiums for farmers, matched by governments? Provincial. Federal! Wow. Wonder if IMC at Esterhazy has it's production insurance premiums matched by governments. Or if my local plumber gets his work planinsurance premium subsidized by any government. After all, plumbers are businessmen just as much as farmers are "businessmen", hey what!

And then there is the capital gains exemption for farmers whumped up this year. Saves a lotta cash being eaten via taxes for the next generation. Do governments offer the same tax exemptions for the folks with the fancy cottages at lakes, sumdum? What is fair?

So tell me... How's the next generation of 'business-oriented' farmers progressing with their 'business' plan? Finally being weaned from handouts, and standing on their own two feet?

Parsley

Comment

I don't know parsley ask the guys that invested in their business and grew no crop this or last or the year before that.

Then ask what industry in saskatchewsn list their shirts due to this weather.

Not one potash plant shut down because of drought nope its a strategic resource don't you know it's protected.

Don't pretend that business in this province are not doled out tax schemes to create a few jobs.

And the gas tax give me a break. 1.20 at the pumps with shit heavy oil at about 30 bucks cdn a barrel with a refinery built by tax payers actually 2 of them under Devine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...