• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prices texted from Viterra or not!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prices texted from Viterra or not!

Like you I get texted or email pricing from various grain buyers especially if they are looking to fill a train and they have a "special". I get these regularly from Cargill, LD, Richardson's and others.These all have pricing with the text except Vitera (Borderland). For years the text or emails says special , call for further info. Its a pain in the ass to have to call when i have to take time out to find out their prices are on the "special".The online pricing does not tell the special price either.
    Is everyone else getting the same with these people ?

Careful. Lists to be put on and taken off. Be discrete. The Gestapo may be watching!!! Maybe you're big enough you can say what you want!!!

Comment

Totally different area, but I get the same tactic. "Call now, got a great price on canola, better sell, the price can only go down!"

Seriously? Guess how many times I have called for the "great price"?

Comment

Yes this is our OPEN Market in Ritzs Canada.
        NO PRICES Listed online
        Every elevator co has to be phoned to find out their 'special'

Comment

Cargill had a great $6 wheat price last week. P&H had a posted price of 6.35.

Comment

we can get prices online but its the extra competitiveness that is out there that im missing. we sold some old crop hrs yesterday for 7 to one grain co that was trying to put together a deal. they texted details, viterra will never do this so they are always going to miss out. regarding the cwb, i love grain marketing today compared to the old single desk, I will do my own grain marketing , thank you very much.

Comment

Maybe the reason graincos don't say what their "specials" are till you get back to them is that, the specials might be MORE special to some, and Less special to others!?

Comment

Same, if the text doesnt have pricing details i delete it. Jamesb i like the open market too, but im not a grain marketer. The graincos are the marketers. Just because i drive by 3 gas stations looking for the cheapest price to fill the car doesnt define me as a gas marketer.

Comment

I'm in Jay-mo's area and have the same response. I don't call back. It's much like ads in the classifieds with no price listed. I just don't make time for it.

Besides, it's no secret what Viterra may offer. There are no secrets, except Grandma's fudge cake recipe.

Comment

Weyburn sends out texts.

Comment

Most companies post prices on websites. Some public. Some password protected. Lots send out texts with daily prices. Are they just bids or transacted prices? I guess depends.

PDQinfo is working on a process of collecting and posting prices. Stay tuned.

Still your job to stay informed about prices. Even to the point of being prepared to counter/offer grain for a price. I will sell for $X. You (grain company) have to the end of the day to respond. A good way to capture better in fast moving volatile markets and lock in better basis

Comment

[URL="http://www.pdqinfo.ca/price"]pdqinfor[/URL]

Comment

charlie
                          we do all of that. the relationship with the grain buyer is paramount. Having targets is key and in many cases gives the CSR the ammo to get that price from the merchant if they are looking for product. My beef is with Viterra in that for some unfathomable reason they choose not to allow their CSR's the ability to send out prices via text or email if there is some deal. i find in today's marketing reality that the relationship we have with the large grainco and the special crop processors really can make things easier and more profitable. Alot of people have a very jaded opinion of most grain buyers. I find there is lots of good ones out there as lots of duds too. The supply of good buyers unfortunately cant fill the demand.

Comment

Download Viterra app on your phone.

All the prices are there. Phone in for the "special I guess.

Comment

Sorry charlie. I cannot use the pdq site, dont agree with government wasting money on sh@t like this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...