• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frontline xl

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontline xl

Neighbor has a field of canola and it's not right. Nothing looks great due to dry conditions but this one is different. I walked through it with him and asked if he rinsed as it looks like it got touched with a group 2 residue. He investigated and pulled out the nozzles and screens and found scum and crystallization. He used Frontline on the wheat before, flushed but did not take out screens and do a complete flush. Called Dow and the rep was out the next day. Well there is an issue with product and it is settling in screens and not rinsing out. So subsequent vulnerable crops are being injured. Dow said they would make it right. But if you have a field that looks off and sprayed Frontline be careful.

By being careful do you mean clean your sprayer properly?

Comment

Sorry had some trouble with my phone. At the end I wanted to say be cautious and clean out your sprayer top to bottom. Dow said to use allclear instead of finish and add some merge and let it sit overnight. Clean all your screens and tips.

Comment

I've pointed out to my kid the importance of cleaning the sprayer. Hard to believe that "grams" of a product per acre can kill the targets, so think what a bit of residue can do to a susceptible crop as well.

Comment

Went to get some back in mid June for my barley and wheat. But they said there were clogging issues so don't take it. I used broadband with MCPA instead.

Comment

I had a similar issue with tandem. It was plugging my screens every 150 to 200 acres. I spent 3 days cleaning my sprayer,first pressure washed the tank then used finish which didn't clean the screens,then used all clear then merge. I even ran some liberty through still had a white residue in the lines and on the screens. Vinegar was what cleaned it out, the Dow guy said it it had to be a calcium deposit then. It wasn't there before the tandem and it is gone now. Dow was very good about it all and when I sprayed my invigor canola next there was no problems thankfully.

Comment

Frontline XL formulations, An EC and Suspension.

Tandem formulations, An oil dispersion and EC.

Where do you think the problems are coming from? Adjuvants?

Comment

We don't run any screen tips and have Banco 1/4 turn valves on the main and boom screens.... custom spraying always switching chemicals....

Defacto cleaning is draining the whole tank adding 50 gal of water running that out over the field

Then 100 gal of water with a gal each of merge and finish then another 50 gal pure water rinse flushing screens each time and purging booms with air.

Comment

What was meant by "making it right". Making all the farmers who clean their sprayers pay for this guys mistake ?

Comment

Tweety do you really need to be a prick all of the time? Frontline is not supposed to crystallize and cause tank cleaning issues like it has this year. What is the purpose of you coming on Agriville just to be an asshole about everything? So sick of your shit....

Comment

Well Tweety I guess you clean your tank, nozzles and screens out every single time you switch to a new product. Good for you. Frontline has been around for awhile and has never had an issue like this. Dow seems to think that the normal rinsing protocol was not enough to clean out the Frontline and it caused injury in some cases. So they are going to monitor it throughout the summer and compensate if need be. Just thought Id mention it here in case someone else noticed a field that didnt look right and didnt know what was wrong.

Comment

I had a neighbour who couldn't figure out what happened to his canola this information was very useful. It appears that frontline could be the reason. I think herbicide companies have a tendency to try to minimize publicity of product screw ups so threads like this one do serve a purpose.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on Frontline.

It is unfortunate Tweety has to be a little jerk on here constantly.

Comment

Jerk or not, do you really think not cleaning all your screens is a proper way to clean your sprayer?

Comment

This has been a problem before with florasulam. It's not a new problem. Clean your sprayer and it's not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...