• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good dirt - poor dirt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good dirt - poor dirt

Man is it showing big time now - some whacks on the back of the heads are happening about what was rented , and bought recently . I am sorry but you simply can not pay $300 G s / 1/4 for lower than ave assesment - or $100 / ac rent for below ave assesment either . Land at auctions especially - guys were fukin mind numb about reality . This is Gona hurt

Free, get that T-storm? Hope the rain was soft...Rama not so lucky I hear.

Comment

They bought it. They rented it. They will fall with it. Don't feel sorry for them. If they were stupid enough to pay the price.... To bad.

Comment

yea around here it was so much an acre , assesment meant sfa, drainage , how it was farmed , dirt , square full quarters , it all meant SFA ?? boy are they gonna be sorry , especially investors tryin to find some schmuck to pay big dollars to rent that shit. gonna be an expensive lesson like the one we got in the early eighties

Comment

I will not feel sorry for any of them - all they have done the last 6 years is take land from smart guys and raise rents for all - *** em . Some of us have seen this song and dance before - a lot said it may never happen again - Open your Fukin eyes !!

Comment

Define the thread topic.

I know what I have and its paid for. Never paid near what some stuff in the area traded for in the last few years, maybe a third to a quarter of current values. Some as good as any in the area some not so much. Other than "opportunity cost" its costing me nothing, no payments or retarded rent.

There is a VERY WIDE RANGE of land quality over a VERY WIDE RANGE of climactic zones in Western Canada. Realizing what you're farming and it's capabilities and limitations may help with your expectations. Remember Mother Nature rules and makes them too.

Another disappointing rain here this afternoon. There was some just north of our farm. And as usual, anything making a beeline for our farm fizzles before it gets here. Getting tiring.

Comment

Look at a RM map - it shows assessments .....they are there for a reason - value of the dirt !!

Comment

Some days I wonder if that would be worthwhile for our counties.

Comment

Yup, they're a good guide.

Comment

Yup, they're a good guide.

Comment

Hey furrow why are you so angry about what others are doing? what does it have to do to your bottom line? Also why the hate on for guys that have land with lower assessments? I have lower assessed land and have had good crops over the years. I wasn't blessed with quarters coming in at 100,000 . I'm happy for you that you have super good land. I don't fault anyone for what they put their money into or what kind of land they farm. I worked hard for what I have anyway, and am proud of all of my land. I hope it rains for you because you seem awful stressed out. Judging by the massive yields you have been posting on here the last few crop years you should be in good shape.

Comment

I agree furrow. But the funny thing is my $60k assement land has a way better crop on it than my $100k land. More snow this spring.

Comment

T-storms can make a crop... do they follow soil assessments??? Perhaps good soil is partly a result of micro climates which includes shower patterns???

Is all this screwed up now???

Climate chanage being responsible???

As you believe so it shall be!!!

Comment

Good dirt pays long term. However when you Are record dry such as this year, does it matter if your crop yields 5 or 10 bpa?? A huge loss either way. As far as land values and rents, I give a fat rats ass what anyone pays for something.

Comment

For some people land is used as a bank, for some its used as an expense, for some its a hobby, but for most people in this world-its a dream. So let's llive our dream, take our punches, stand back up and thank the good lord that we can. Our lifestyle is fantastic compared to 99% of the people in this world. Once our whining about the weather stops, or the shyster brokers, we can turn to talking bout Donald Trump if it suits our fancy, so alls ok.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...