• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viterra grading

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viterra grading

WTF is going on when I can take the same sample of HRSW to Ardent mills, where it was graded a one 13.7 protein and then have the same bag graded as feed. When asked about this they asked if they could see Ardent mills sample sheet which I provided and they would take it up with management. Why take it up with management, its clearly a mistake, as Cargill graded as a two. I'll tell you why, its because management wants it to be graded this way. Mad at myself for letting these douche bags take my grain, without shopping it around more. Have suspected through chats with other growers, but didn't respond to my intuition. Was never a big board supporter but I dunno guys, this is bullshit!

You should have had it graded by an independent before you contracted it.. Just because it was graded #1 by a mill doesn't mean anything. Mills either accept or reject based on its acceptance criteria. It probably is a feed but it was good enough to mill into flour. Expensive lessons help us remember our mistakes!!!

Comment

The system is broken. My wheat was all graded sample on account fusarium or feed(CGC, SGS and every terminal that looked at it). Bought for a #2 with as fusarium discount. Basically zero protein premium for mid 14 percent. $6.04/bu. I was thankful to the terminal that did take it. They will get first crack at my wheat(if I have any) this fall after it's been graded at an independent grading facility. Knowing what you have is a good starting point.

Comment

well if feed is millable as good as 1 then wtf are we always docked for then I always suspected that was the case, just as green canola seed is not a n issue either just an excuse to screw us.

Comment

Green canola seed is an issue. Chlorophyll in oil does not make a product end users want. Extra steps and money involved in removal.

Comment

Everything is feed at Viterra. Got a buddy who shipped to Cargill because of that #2 14% generally. Used to be fairly loyal. Mind you it probably was a feed on account of internal sprouting being just above tolerance but 14% HRS as a feed is just a bit insulting. Bypass Viterra, when they have to padlock the doors they will get the message.

Comment

Let me inform you that viterra Saskatoon hired sgs last fall to independently graded all samples submitted, which mine were. This is why I did not shop it around as much as I should have. Dover mills has its own lab for testing and am not sure about ardent. Viterra had 2 percent fuz and ardent was .4 but still graded it as a one. Viterra Saskatoon was taken off the vomi watch list last fall in their own admission. Do you smell a rat yet!

Comment

Took a load of peas to raymore viterra. Pricks took a sample told me to dump and wanted me to leave.

I said not without a grade.... they look at me like I had 4 eyes...

Then grade comes back feed.

I told them a sample goes to cgc. Everything stopped... you could hear a pin drop.

Manager came up and asked what I wanted.... said a #2 like the other 30,000 we have hauled.... He said ok.

nice try viterra.

Comment

As independent as SGS is, I wonder if they do lean a little in one direction? It would never be in the contracting Company's best interest if the graders never graded properly, unless there is an "understanding". You have to wonder If incoming farmer grain would be graded to the same standards as railcar outbound. Can you imagine the gongshow at the west coast terminals when another companies grain shows up for a vessel? Something that maybe (?) didn't matter in the old days when it was CWB/Farmer grain until it was loaded on the vessel. Maybe that is why ships sit at anchor for so long. No one wants to take a chance letting the competitors help fill their orders.

I also wonder how much grain gets shipped barely above spec?

Hand picking fusarium in a ****ing gong show, totally subjective when it comes to the borderline stuff. Maybe the only test regarding fusarium should be the Vomi/DON test.

Comment

Where the H is the grain commission? If these guys are misgrading, they should be charged.

Comment

I find cargill the worst. Truck unload sample always worst than earlier assessed bin sample. Real fukn crooks. Never deal with those ass€oles anymore.

Comment

sumdumguy

Give RITZ a call maybe he can explain where the CGC is!!

The CGC has been gutted. They do not do inward inspection only outward now. Staff has been reduced in all areas. The trade wanted it this way and they got it.

Very little opposition was raised by farmers as it all took place when prices were strong. Farmers had their rose coloured glasses on, no worries everything is great, and Ritz got the job done!!!! I guess we'll have to live with it now

Comment

Anyone remember the COMPAS review?
                          They suggested that the Ass't Commissioners be replaced by an independent Farmers Advocate Office with expanded powers. Instead we never got either.
                          Someone asked where the CGC is? Last I read is they are in China signing a letter of intent. (photo op) no info on what intent was.

Comment

Klause, not sure what the problem is. Raymore always works with me to get the most for my farm. I guess there is the difference I talk to the guys there and work with them and in return they always work with me to get the most for my farm.

A "pin drop" come off it, that place is never that quiet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...