• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local services so ****er up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof that faces E and W might go 30, but S facing burns up. Ours did 27, Iko random edge. 4 men two days, Iko 30 yearCambridge , 30x42 plus 24x36 garage, $7000. Local Coop crew.

Comment

Maybe

Shingles with not last long if your roof doesn't vent properly, many houses have no venting or venting that is simply doing a circle at the top of the peaks.

Comment

Hopper

Maybe if you didn't call local's "drinks" which I am assuming has an extra letter in it you may find someone. Anyone from the city will charge you an arm & leg because of extra travel or that you are desperat

Is there a chance local's know something about you we don't?

Comment

Didn't you read the fine print on the bundles of shingles? Those are Dog Year Guarantees, 30 dog is a little over 4.25 human years, etc....

Comment

Could be venting, we have continuous ridge venting, same under eaves. IMO metal is for sheds and shops, not my house. Not cheap but looks it. You can hear the tin expand and contract on a hot partly cloudy day. Screws are torqued on constantly, can't be good in long term.

Comment

Not sure about a venting problem. my house was built in 1994. It has the perforated eaves all around my roof and 3 vents on the roof.
              my neighbors that put tin on their roofs the same time as I from hail damage are not complaining and satisfied.

Comment

I also need a new roof this one lasted about 18 yr. the first about 25 but I think this hoter than hell sun we get now is what is screwing up the shingles. There is a shingler advertising $1.99/sq ft. I have thought about tin but all my outbuildings are tin and I am constantly re screwing and fixing loose tin so am a little scared to put tin on house.

Comment

I also need a new roof this one lasted about 18 yr. the first about 25 but I think this hoter than hell sun we get now is what is screwing up the shingles. There is a shingler advertising $1.99/sq ft. I have thought about tin but all my outbuildings are tin and I am constantly re screwing and fixing loose tin so am a little scared to put tin on house.

Comment

Local construction is a problem here. I only call them dinks on agriville. Had double the job done on house and shop only 8 years ago for 5500.00. Granted shingles today are better and worth more. I give the twenty year old with the mid quote a couple beers and he cannot compete he figures with a company out of Saskatoon.

Comment

I also will always insist on the best job done. I don't care about the money so much I want the job done right. If a local is hurried to make his million compared to someone who works hard to get the jod ob done I will pay more for work done correctly. Maybe I came across as an asshole but I am surely not.

Comment

Then probably its just a sign of demand. Shigling is hard and hot manual work and a many don't want to do it anymore

I agree with the job done right, if it costs a bit more, not a big deal. What drives me crazy is some of the workers that can't keep their eyes open because of the drugs and partying

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...