• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local services so ****er up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local services so ****er up

Quote one to do shingles. 6900.00
    Quote two 5500.00
    Quote 3 not local. 4000.00 all in.
    Been hearing local workers ****ed up in price but ya.

Sorry words. We are adult. But some may not.

Comment

$4000 would be for a fairly large house/garage/shop.
      What type of shingles?

(I have to do shingles this summer to)

Comment

Did our house here last year...relatively big, couple of dormers....couldn't even find anyone to commit, prices at 10-20,000.
        So if all this business moves to Saskatchewan, start saving your money, your gonna need it.

Comment

Sorry did not keep dimensions. Small house covered deck plus extra wide single garage. Call d's out of Saskatoon. Drinks local not worth hiring.

Comment

Shingles top of the line. Look like shakes. 50 year

Comment

Shingles top of the line. Look like shakes. 50 year

Comment

I cant stand shingles, tin is a superior product. Asphault belongs on a road not a roof.

Comment

well , the problem is that all these services started comparing themselves to oilpatch . they were able to up and up their fees to compete with oilpatch even though they are hundreds of miles from the patch . only difference was that they got to sleep in their own beds , didn't have to live in some camp in the bush and leave their families behind . well guess what , oilpatch rates have dropped about 25 percent in the last 6 months , do you see any of these gougers dropping ?? we paid a mechanic with a one ton from s dealership $500 to travel 90 miles, was never even that bad in the patch during the boom

Comment

How big? Last year to shingle a 30x40 house, and a 26x24 garage any where from 8000-10500. if its a well known shingler and he does good work, get him even if more money.

Comment

Myself, the only way I would do tin if it is the seamless. Quote on that was 16800. I do believe those crews are harder to come by though.

Comment

Ah if its a farm house do the tin your self. We did our farm home back when I was just finishing High school. Ah haven't had to change yet and still looks white.
                        Home in City is a good size bungalow and it is 8000 to 10000 for top shingles. Were in a neighbourhood where you have to follow rules on your roof. No tin.

Comment

The last thing I would do hopper is take the lowest shingle quote. The guy in the middle is probably priced about right. See this all the time in construction. One bid way high one way low and one somewhere in the middle. I would take the middle.

Comment

Have shingled several buildings myself including houses (bungalows) garages and sheds. Shingling is hard work. Hired a small independent company (2012) to do a two and a half story house for me which included shingling, eavestroughs, lots of flashing, etc. Had a crew to do shingling and a crew for eaves, flashing. Hard four days for 5 guys and it costed $12000.00. They were worth every penny.

All I can say guys is get several quotes and do some pricing on material yourself and see what those costs are, and then you can figure out the labour they are charging you., just to ensure your not getting ripped off.

Other than that if it is a fairly simple project don't be so lazy and do it yourself and save a few bucks. There was a thread earlier this week saying how fat farmers are getting. Good way to burn some of that fat off.

So

Comment

Eight years ago I had a hard time deciding to put tin on, or shingles on my house roof. Today I would definitely say that tin would have been the better choice. They were 30 year shingles so I thought I would probably not ever have to worry about them again unless hail damage. Wrong. They will not make another 2 years

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...