• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Last Night

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Last Night

I farm in the Biggar area. From Friday afternoon till Saturday am. We had 1.5 inches. This was our first major rain event. We had 5 tenths a week ago and the odd shower. Overall we have had about 2.25 inches since the snow melt.

You are in good shape.

Comment

Killam 8mm last night, now we will be able to finish weed control on Canola. 26mm since the snow left. Varies over short distances.

Our Sherwood Park farm got 2mm last night... no major rain events since the snow left over 1 6mm shower. Surprising how cool weather has allowed the crops to advance on fall moisture. If it turns hot... it will cook off in short order.

Comment

I am not as hopeful as I once was. I shifted into conservation mode. There will be no more money spent on this crop unless I see a good shot of rain. No point. I did my part now it's up to forces beyond my control.

Comment

We needed that big rain event to take us to the next level. Well 35 got something the rest got SFA. We will be waiting on any more goodies on this crop now. Funny how two weeks ago it was looking so great and now with missing all the rain from this event beginning on Wednesday till today you start to think a new pattern is developing.
          Time will tell but for now we look skyward.

Comment

Forecast here was for sunshine all day. Just got the sprayer ready to go on the last operation for weed spraying. seem to be on edge of the system all day. Started 10 am and still spitting now. Point two altogether. One inch since snow melt. My pride and joy is a tomato plant from pv mart today. Baby sitting it with drink in lawn chair. Repaired broken branch.

Comment

4/10 at Richardson, 3/10 at Regina and 1 1/4 at QuAppelle. Daytime heating and moisture around should spawn rain storms this week. Hopefully this dry pattern takes a hike soon. I saw those clouds around Biggar, but thought that was Thursday evening, maybe you got it both nights. Wouldn't a general rain be a treat!

Comment

Biggar area needed that rain.

Good to hear.

Comment

I'm at Arelee and Cando. Got. 8" last night on top of sfa before that. After the heat next week we'll need another.

Comment

SFA here - the further south - Biggar and south east Maymont got up to 1.5 in - they needed it badly
                    SW and west of here was spotty. Some still have had close to zero since snow melt.

Comment

Just spits here, clouds got emptied west of here at Humboldt Sizzler. Kelvington got a downpour again.

Comment

We got a five hour half inch. In great shape. Very lucky so far.

Comment

3 mm yesterday
                          11 mm since April 25
                          East of Saskatoon. Most of the surrounding area had more
                          Pretty damn dry here but crops hanging in

Comment

Free you missed the 1&1/2" at Kelvington?

Comment

I left my sunroof open so it rained again in Saskatoon last night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...