• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retail gasoline

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.50 as average divided by 3.78 US gal to liters equals 66 cents a litre.

That's usd I don't know if a guy should convert to canadian dollars for comparison because the fx should be accounted for in the basis. Lol.

The gas in north dakota probably comes from regina. Not all but some.

That's quite a difference must be in the taxes.

Did I mention north dakota has better highways too. And probably lower taxes.

Go figure

Comment

http://www.northdakotagasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx
      Same website has an 11 yr chart.
      I don't remember our price fluctuating nearly as much as the chart shows.
      I'm always amazed at the number of no-name independents that seem to dominate the US market.
      I suspect it is a lot less "orderly" than here where we have about 4 choices.

Comment

But it's probably the same with fertilizer as well.

Comment

Hate to tell you, but there is no way that retailers are colluding to hike up gas prices. Retailer margins bounce around a fair bit between 2 and 12 cents/L and average out at about 7. If there were any signs of collusion between retailers you would see it in their margins.

Comment

Gasbuddy blog has an article right now on the relationship between diesel and gas prices.

Comment

TBH

"no way that retailers are colluding to hike up gas prices."

So why is it I can drive from one end of Winnipeg to the other and every gas station is the same price per litre? The other point is when prices go up, every station no matter what company increase the price per litre to the same level as competitors? All station are the same price with in a hour of the first one going up?

Please explain!!!

Comment

Cause that is what they have to pay. Now if them Alberta assholes will build that refinery would help.

Comment

Cause that is what they have to pay. Now if them Alberta assholes will build that refinery would help.

Comment

Foragefarmer,

Since there are so many players in the gasoline market, they will compete against one another in terms of pricing. They will eventually all be forced to lower their prices until they reach the point where there is no money to be made anymore. This is generally where prices will settle.

In terms of the price going up, it is likely in anticipation of increasing demand (ie. long weekend) or anticipation that wholesale fuel prices will rise.

Can't be sure that this is the reason, but the margins don't exhibit any signs of collusion.

Comment

TBH

Thanks, but I'll have to disagree with you with regard to collusion, and frankly the Harper Government doesn't care it's happening. Their his buddies and Tax revenue!!

Comment

Where do you find the margins? I doubt Shell or Esso or anyone else advertises what deals they cut with refineries. But of course they own the refineries. And the oil suppling the refineries.

Comment

The Kent Group Ltd. (http://kentreports.com/wpps.aspx) does fuel price surveys across the country. Have a look.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...