• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My canola will only do 40. Killing it with buctril m

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually klause my experience is buctril works better than curtail on canola volunteers. My curtail flattened the flax also. Gets back up in a day or two. Most important is spray earlier than later I find later flax spraying to do damage.

Comment

Thanks freewheat. Don't see much MCPA K or NA in retailer chem sheds.

Comment

yea , curtail only has mcpa and lontrel , pisspoor unless you need lontrel for perennials . would be weak on volunteer canola . I think it is the humidity that burns flax worse . I sprayed flax early one morning while still wet , really gave it shit

Comment

we held back one jug buctril , added 3 jugs ester 600 on a quarter , we will see in a few days , doesn't look bad yet

Comment

Been 3 days since spraying the first 6 quarters. 2 curtail 4 buctril. Both have about the same bending over of flax plants in various degrees throughout the fields. Big difference in how the weeds are dieing. Similar wilting buctril more I think. Buctril fields weeds are turning white curtail fields only show wilting. Time will tell who wins. But sure looks like buctril has the lead.

Comment

I find it hard to believe the higher rate of curtail would be weak on canola. That is a lot of MCPA ester, isn't that over 8 oz.?

Hopper, wouldn't the bromoxynil be "burning" the leaves. I think you will only see wilting and bending from curtail at first. Once I sprayed flax with Curtail(forget which rate) and some extra MCPA ester, boy did that twist the shit out of the flax, kinda stunted it, never did that again.

Comment

Bromoxynil flashes the leaves curtail doesn't

All comes down on weeds you have.

Comment

The full rate of curtail has double the mcpa per acre. In buctril etc the bromoxinil works with the mcpa. so klause you plan on spraying twice. What is your plan for staging and rates?

Comment

strange thing is that we kill volunteer canola in seed alfalfa with bromoxinil no problem , but in buctril it struggles

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...