• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My canola will only do 40. Killing it with buctril m

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My canola will only do 40. Killing it with buctril m

Field is planted to flax. Post applied authority charge before flax emerged. Canola is pre bolting better than most local canola. Dam questioning myself here. Half done but sheesh.

Best volunteer canola crop I ever seen. 95 percent of field has perfect plant populations. half hour away from loading sprayer for the second half. This is driving me.

Comment

My canola is in trouble. Pretty satisfied with the catch and how it pulled through the frost and bugs, BUT now the fert is stranded mid row (yes tweety it happened). It's probably too dry on top for lateral root development, they're all likely going down. I need a soaking rain. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.

Good day to go to a Rider preseason game courtesy of our local Ag retailer and Yara with all the food you can eat and booze you can drink. Look out here I come, what game?

Comment

"Volunteer Canola" with perfect emergence, good job!

Comment

Combine with great chopper spread? Need to check the harvest loss Hopper...

Comment

I'm starting to think seed treatment is actually detrimental to canola stand establishment.

Comment

Not sure what your saying fjlip. If them canola plants look anything like the ones I sprayed two days ago they are dead. That buctril is good stuff. Even laid the flax on its ass.

Comment

Combine with great chopper spread? Need to check the harvest loss Hopper...

Comment

we have been having a hard time killing canola with buctril last few years ? we are adding mcpa ester to it now when spraying flax

Comment

Well farmaholic i think the sideband fert is still in prill form, so doesn't really matter. No rain, no grain.

Comment

Bromoxynil doesn't do much on brassicas.

We sprayed our flax Thursday night then curtail m. Then got a shower. Checked in thr am before we went to farm progress weeds all turned over and flax still straight as an arrow heehehehe

Comment

Tweety, it went into decent moisture but have been losing ground in that department steady. "Need a soaking rain"...repeat,skip,repeat,skip,repeat...

And the rest of the MCPA Ester story.
                        Label recommended flax rates. How much MCPA Ester:

BucM 280g/l @ .4 l/ac = 112g/ac

MCPA Ester 600g/l @ .28 l/ac = 168g/ac

CurtM 280g/l @ .61 l/ac = 170g/ac
                        @ .81 l/ac = 229g/ac

I was after hemp nettle and the MCPA label says we need .42 to .61 l/ac or 252g/ac to 366g/ac for suppression. How safe is that for the flax? BuctM at label rates in ten gallons/ac water flattened our flax. I was going to add a couple of ounces of MCPA Ester for extra kick, but didn't.

Is it surprising BucM isn't very effective?

Regarding rain, I decided to grow a drought beard, not shaving until I get an inch of rain in one shot. ;-)

Comment

I just can't figure out why flax gets dinged so hard sometimes and other times not. Doesn't coincide with growing conditions moisture even using high water volumes - whatever. Maybe it just comes down to humidity, i just don't know.

Comment

Farmaholic, to get the hemp nettle better, MCPA K is supposed to be better. I dunno about for flax. But I found a booklet from the 80's of my dad's which confirmed this. It called for a mix of Pardner with MCPA K for hemp nettle control.

Comment

I agree tweety.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...