• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yield is starting to go down!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pourfarmer, Iast week I tine harrowed peas, and faba beans. Oats get it Monday. Hot and dry is better because the crop is anchored. The little weeds are barely rooted l. The harrows smash all that up and it seriously reduces broadleaf weeds compared to not harrowing . It used to really bother me the first couple of years, now i pencil post emergence harrowing into cost of production.

Comment

Sumdumguy. Yes it rained a whole half a tenth. My goodness already, this is getting disgusting.

Hobbyfrmr. Pencilling in a post emergent harrowing even sounds funny. But it is a cost. Good luck this year

Comment

Farmaholic, sure looked blue and heavy east of here. Not much more at Regina. Area received between 1/4 and 4 tenths, maybe more on the way. With all the moisture south of us, surely daytime heating will move it north once, that's all we ask. Good luck on next temptress.

Comment

3 tenths in our city gauge and 1 at the farm.

Comment

Looks like a good rain at Qu'Appelle and east. The rain was scattered to say the least. Anyone from Balcarres?

Comment

One heck of a rain on highway 1 west of moose jaw last night...

Comment

Klause

Did you come across that rollover.

I doubt there was 2 tenths in that blast.

Comment

Sorry the rollover was between regina and moose jaw.

Comment

Yes.... by the time we got there we got redirected down the grids south.

Comment

Farmaholic, agreed its quite a strange way to farm, but it has costs. Organic farming is still farming and it can go sideways like everyone else. I often have folks suggest it only costs the fuel and some of my time. That is not the reality.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...