• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yield is starting to go down!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yield is starting to go down!

A rain now on some crops won't do shit all to reverse the trend! Barley or durum close to flag the plant has the head size already figured out! Canola bolting will flower very dat and end fast if the weather keeps up. Peas and lentils similar! Our needs one rain to take it a step up but if a general doesn't hit even our area will join the f$&kes club! Time to finish the lasts spraying take back all the fungicides and extras and go fishing!
    Yield is dropping were hours away from way lower expectations!
    Mother Nature you win again!

Wow, part of what is saving us up here, is the staging. Flag? What is that? Nothing even remotely close to flag, therefore much less moisture use as of now.

Good luck, hope you get a rain soon.

Comment

Actually SF3 that's figured out at 3 to 4 leaf.

Comment

I just flipped the switch off. Done seeding.
        Where do I sign up for the aid package? Are there forms or something? Maybe later in the year? I got mouths to pay and habits to feed.

Comment

Rain will just cause expenses at this point. I hope the grasshopper come. Saw some today making summer fallow.

Comment

I'm seriously beginning to lose hope.

Comment

Stop the presses Sask3 is starting to lose yield!!!
              Pardon me, but I couldnt resist.

Comment

I do empathize for the serious drought farmers. If your hoping for grasshoppers, thats getting pretty serious.

Comment

On the bright side my organic crops up north seeded 4" deep on June 2 still looks OK. They are growing a little slower and have no weeds. My MRB flexicoil 5000 cultivator conversion is killing the shit out of quack and thistle.

Comment

Crops N of Wadena look good from the road. 80-90% emerged and GREEN. Could be small area, but Humboldt has had rains too, Nipawin 2". Have a week or two to get rain to prevent yield loss. But if HEAT comes....

Comment

When my organic cereal crops are in the 3-4 leaf stage and looking good, I go and smash them in the face with tine harrows. That will remove a high percentage any little broadleaves like wild mustard, buckwheat, millet. It will look like you destroyed the the field, fold up and dont go back to look at it for 3 days. this does kill some crop, but only the weak ones.

Comment

Hobby, what do you think about in crop harrowing when its dry like this? I'm worried I'll do more damage then good.

Comment

Farmaholic, did you get some rain today?

Comment

Some of the crops here looked like a heavy harrow hit them after the week ago hail storm.that can not help things.

Comment

Good job hobby. I remember rod weeding after the crop poking out. I shallow hoe the garden and it does kick the shit out of small fragile weeds.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...