• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought crappy insurance gutted agri instability = NDP governments federal and provincial

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a man can touch his toes, he can move an 8" auger. Stay in shape, you'll get more done in a day. Do yoga, stretching, don't need to lift weights. For wood bins/ flat bottoms, shovels are cheap compared to a grain vac. Stay hungry, don't eat too much. Lots of fatties about I've noticed, and its getting worse. Or just buy an auger mover and grain vac.

Comment

Cottonpicken,that's an interesting story. Methinks Kimbo Slice wouldn't have lasted against you in last nights Bellator.

Comment

HAHA. Cuban guy. You arrogant big farmer types always pull the old, "jealousy" card. Ever hear of personal contentment and satisfaction? Jealous. HA!

Comment

I would of course take a subsidy if it was there. I'd have to because my competition will.
          At first I thought cub might be Pikes son but maybe just BTOs?
          Son, it sounds to me like you are making a lot of assumptions about the rest of us. Hell I even agree with you on some things. You sound like a few I know. All I can say is good luck. It's obvious life has yet to kick you in the nuts. Maybe it never will.

Comment

cuban, Con***ious say, " he who laughs last laughs best " When you can't make your payments and you start working at walmart, be sure to greet me. There's some wannabees like you around here too.

Comment

Well when money isn't worth having....Its still a quandry to understand just how someone is going to convince a lender that their new sprayer doesn't need to be paid for.

Doesn't compute.

Or maybe its a case of the money that grows on other people's trees is seen as ripe pickings for anyone who, in their own mind, decides they have a claim to it.

Comment

Makes me think back many years to a friend and drinking buddy who used to repeat the lines "Hallelujah, give us a handout to revive us again"

Comment

Hey Cuban, I am a STO, been drowned out for five years. 12 bu canola 15 wheat with extra expenses. If one bad year is giving you a hard time then I think it's time for you to put your big boy pants on or get out of our way.

Comment

Maybe

Just curious did agri stability help at all?

Or any other program. Crop insurance?

I am wondering because after 5 years you have averaged down to no margin and no insurable average. And if you are subsidizing the farm with off farm income.....? ? Why?

Just wondering. Not arguing.

Comment

Prior to the bad years I was paying cash for my inputs. I did not even need a cash advance. My debt was small and I quit purchasing. Crop insurance helped a lot but I was better off collecting insurance for too wet acres on land that I could not seed. In the beginning I did collect some agristability twice but now I am dropping out of it as I would probably never be in a claim position for a very long time until I hopefully get my margins back up. Last year was a very ugly year for crops around here. I never spent very much money on the crop. I thought I would if things turned around for the better. I used up my excess cash flow and savings but do not dwell on that because I had managed to bring down my debt, the price of land went up and my older equipment is mostly depreciated out. So my net worth actually increased.
                      This year my crops are doing the best in 6 years, had a good rain last week. First time calling rain good in 6 years too.So I am hoping nothing f*&ks it up and will be saving again for a rainy day and keep doing what I love.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...