• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I negotiate for a family vehicle?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I negotiate for a family vehicle?

Do I just make an offer I want to pay, or dilly dally with finance options and trim levels , other models blah blah blah.
    I am thinking of being an ass and just cut to the chase or leave the premises. They make vehicles everyday.

Well... yeah. Let them take it or leave it. Why would you do anything else?

Comment

Youve got the right idea. Vehicle sales is the lowest form of the craft. A friend who tried couldnt stomach it.
      If financing go to your bank. The most profitable office in the dealership is the financing and add ons. They too are on commision. You unwittingly pay 15% more than the agreed price. All up front on your finance. If you do nothing else remember just write a check. For the asset only. Sign nothing else. Almost criminal what they do.

Comment

Your probably not worth the dealers time, lol. You are going to look like a ass.

Go in and find out all your options. Don't buy on the first trip in... They will be willing to deal but not loose money. If you don't like the deal keep your money and they will keep the vehicle.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I agree with all points, its been awhile so I was wondering if there was something new. I have the habit of maintaining and repairing vehicles which usually takes us to the 300,000km area. The a/c compressor has deteriorated and plugged the system. The r and r is now too expensive to invest in such high km vehicle. It runs well but there is a limit!

Comment

I use 300k as an end number.
            I take 300 minus whats on the clock divided into purchase price. A quick way to assess how "expensive" one deal is over another. My last truck was 8.5 cents /km. At the time easier to find trucks at 10 .

Comment

Hobby best thing you can do is shop different dealers. typically you can deal on the trade in but the new vehicle dealing is ****er these days They all have different options and inventory. Best thing I did was go to watrous. They are very competitive. I dropped discovery Ford's new one ton by 8 grand cause of watrous price otherwise never would have known. Probably should have bought in watrous.

Comment

Ever look at Leasebusters?

Comment

I never heard of leasebusters. I will look at it.

Comment

I run a lot of miles in a year. Farm trucks run close to 300k. My personal truck usually runs to 200 then onto the farm. Although the style of post 2005 vehicles make them less useful on the farm.

I have found it is cheapest to buy a one or two year old vehicle with 30 or 40k. Just something to think about.

Comment

Maybe we need to buy a newer truck LOL. Two old beaters are at 550,000 and thr touring around/pulling 3/4 ton is at 443,000.

Comment

I would buy a New farm truck in a minute IF they made one.
                        THEY are all useless unless you pull the box OFF and put on a flatdeck !!! OR you have to be Lebron just to REACH in the back to get a wrench .!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...