• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming rains...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming rains...

Are fading on all models for most areas with the exception of southern Manitoba later next week . I hope something changes , but as of now local showers and thunderstorms are still the only hope for most.

Kinda getting to the point where rain will only make harvest happen enough to give expenses against a crop insurance pay. Sask ins isn't much, but its enough.

Yield set at 3 to 4 leaf - and that yield isn't very bright. Canola is rubbery yield - if only there were plants.

Comment

There are plenty of clouds but no precipitation. How do you make clouds pour?

Comment

It seems we need airborn dust particles to adhere to water droplets in clouds to cause them to participate. Do you think we had more dust last year?

Comment

Braveheart, you're pretty quiet. Are you getting rain again this morning?

Comment

sum, that didn't seem to help in the '80s.

Comment

What rain?

Everyday I sat in the tractor there was rain in the three day forecast only to disappear.

I could have save myself alot of time and money if they would have said no rain.

For 5 years the forecast was pretty accurate. A cloud came and it rained.

I should have known better. Stupid stupid stupid?

And then there is the story about subsoil moisture growing a crop. Not if you can't reach it without a moisture joining rain.

Comment

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding"]Silver & Potassium[/URL]

Comment

Farmaholic, yes, we have a nice soft rain falling. Three tenths so far this morning. It's a part of a more organized and heavier rain JUST south of the border.

Comment

What rain is right. Some have had heavy showers around us. We just cant catch the big one that we need - badly.

The insurance companies do their cloud seeding along the highway 2 corridor and in my opinion it is breaking those storms up for about 25 miles and then they get going again as they go east. As long as Calgary doesnt get a hail storm they get to keep doing it. I remember hearing a guy on the radio once with the cloud seeding operation, he claimed that it was producing rain instead of hail because the radar images shows it is raining. This year I have seen so many images on radar that look like rain that dont actually touch the ground i have lost count.

Comment

If the latest mostly dry and warm 2 week outlook some forecasters are showing turns out to be accurate you can stick a fork in it.

10 year low for crop production in western Canada a distinct possibility.

Comment

pouring here again , we have enough for a while

Comment

Would you believe I am cancelling canola trucks today cuz the yard is too wet? And it is sprinkling and looks like we will get more than a sprinkle.

We do not need it. Not yet.

Comment

We had 2 tenths Thursday, more showers in the forecast for today. Forecast looks pretty dry after that. I don't think 2 tenths is gonna do it.

Comment

caseih - where you at ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...