• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need Aid !!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cubin assasin sounds like he firmly believes the retoric gary was spewing out at an oat grower convention in red deer. back in 1998 gary was saying how only bigger more efficient farmers should recieve any subsidies. oh gary who?

Comment

If every farmer was mega sized, over leveraged and the self important magalomaniac that probably goes with that lifestyle and goals......the support ratio of this thread would be totally different.

Perhaps a simple example is in order.

Why would any farmer argue against everyone paticippating in risking more than $ 40 (or less) input costs for off patent soybean technology when the supposed newest RR2 alternative involves an additional $80 outlay for AT BEST (MAYBE) a 15% greater yield return.

When without a pencil; it should be evident that sometimes 15% extra production is often the difference between good/piss poor prices and profit/disasterous economic times.

And in Canada it was apparently 2011 when the RR1 patent protection began to lapse. Apparently in the USA it was only in 2014 that the same stage was reached.

There should have been farmer representative groups fighting tooth and nail for these cost saving and legal advantages at the earliest possible dates.

Then a whole lot more farms may well be more viable on their own and more able to withstand setbacks such as we are all experiencing to varying degrees.

Just an example of how the farming sector could use brains to ameliorate factors that are indeed outside what comes from the skies and are imposed by world economic direction.

Comment

Solutions. That's just not done here.

Comment

Every good solution farmers have seem to get gutted by beaucrats or politicians stepping up the ladder.

If there was still GRIP, we wouldn't be worried about rain or lack of.

Problem is every farm program is designed to fail as opposed designed for a failure.

If they would get a program that would allow farmers to set aside incomes, tax free for years like what are coming as opposed to driving an economy with tax reducing leases etc. We might be better off.

But for the most part farmers are a cash cow for the economy and that won't change much during the upcoming consolidation.

There will be many early to mid 50 guys walk away along with their next generation because the modest changes they made dont make sense with lower drought induced yields and grain prices that are standardized/set against other places in the world still using hoes and hands.

In other words our efficiency gains are not being rewarded in any shape or form.

Unless you consider the accelerated pace to 30000 acre farms a reward?

Comment

Cuban, sounds like your in big financial trouble after the best 5 farming years since the mid 70's. Id say you messed up, dont expect tax payers to bail u out. Perhaps farming isnt for you.

Comment

Mbgrower

Not sure that's a fair statement.

I don't know cubans story but I know from 2010 to now haven't been stellar years and my ground is still 100s of acres to be back in full production.

Compounding the problem at every turn is guys that think because their small area is or has been perfect, those that have good plans ****ed up by conditions out of their control are poor managers. That's not true.

There have been times where I could have 100 combines or air drills on my farm and nothing would get done.

And quite frankly it could rain perfectly for the next month and shut off just prior to harvest and give perfect harvest weather. My crop is still ****ed.

And nothing can change that now.

After a drive to regina and looking at crops, looking at the calendar and the crop stage, I would say alot of people are in denial about the fact this crop won't beat a frost.

But continue telling guys they are poor managers until you and your like are the ones showing us all how it's to be done.

When that happens and mother nature ****s up your best laid plans, make sure the big boy pants are on because there won't be many guys with an ounce of give a shit for you.

Comment

Mbgrower

If my comments are out of context and I misunderstood your last comments, I apologize.

Comments sometimes come across differently depending on the way they are read.

I should have erased my last post prior to hitting send.

Edit ability would be great here to delete comments I make without thinking.

Comment

Cuban you might be an even better troll than BTO-farmall.

I've never been so proud to be a farmer after seeing the vast majority of people on this thread refusing a hand out.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa....Who here wouldn't accept a handout if one was offered. I don't expect someone to pay for my gambling habits but I am far from the biggest risk taker!!! I farm land not programs and do my best to make a living off the land. I suppose, as pointed out, there are things in place to mitigate some of the risk, none that are "profitable" but they're not supposed to be. Insurance is meant to soften the blow not make money on. I chose to do this and am getting tired of the risk and parasites that feed off of me. Or being robbed when I sell my grain. As someone said, if no one wants to step in and protect the producers from gouging and theft maybe there should be some help when everyone else got paid and you're left holding the empty bag. But I guess that's what we signed up for when we took this on, right.

Comment

What if we all had the extra money that supposedly got taken from us through wide basis and market manipulation, or margins for those supplying us with goods and services above what would be considered to be reasonable. Or that we pay for inefficiencies in many areas, or for labour(tongue in cheek) that adds no value but only cost.

I realize if you didn't grow it, it wouldn't have mattered anyway..

Headline: I am finished spending money on this crop unless it starts to rain. I've gone as far as I am willing to spend, at this point there is no ROI. I realize not everyone is in the same boat and may be wondering why...

Comment

Well I guess you guys don't want any government assistance. Well I think it will be necessary and many of you will begin to see that going forward.
                        I will continue to expand every chance I get with as much new iron as I can finance cause I hate pulling wrenches. For those of you cavemen who are scared of change I feel sorry for you. You probably spend you days driving around in your shitty old truck hating your neighbours cause they have something you don't. Must be a pathetic existance!
                        If things keep going to shit in the states and the dollar collapses, which it will, all of you with cash in the bank that you saved up for a rainy day and went without for years, won't be worth shit. But hey you'll have another reason to spend the next decade complaining and hating everyone who has got what you don't.
                        I have no problem taking taxpayers money and buying a new fully loaded 3/4 ton truck with it and hooking it to my fifth wheel and ski boat. Just like the taxpayers don't care about the fact that I only get 2-3 cents per loaf of bread or bottle of beer. Oh and lets not forget about the politicians that spend our money on the fanciest hotels and all expense paid business trips. (why can't those bastards stay at the super 8)
                        While you boys sit at home, bitch and complain about the haves I'll be on the lake with a cold beer between spraying in my new 4940 john deere that I owe 350,000 on and sleep like a baby!
                        Just thought we might be able to motivate the thief's in regina to sent us some cash.
                        Good luck this year boys you are gonna need it!!

Comment

Well that was just arrogantly weird!

Comment

We are jealous. Isn't it obvious? lol

Comment

let me see. does not like to pull wrenches buys new equipment. loves to sit at the lake with nothing between his legs but a beer. wants taxpayer to foot the bill if he cant pay his bills for the luxury of not working hard or extra hours like many farmers do. dont choke on your silver spoon .

Comment

Well when money isn't worth having....Its a quandry to understand just how someone is going to convince a lender that their new sprayer doesn't need to be paid for.

Doesn't compute.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...