• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crop looks like shit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crop looks like shit

Just about done spraying and I'm shocked how much worse the crop looks in the field vs from the road. Thin stand, any knoll or side Hill is super weak. We've started getting some showers but the crop is definitely hurt badly.
    At the start of the season dry was welcomed to reclaim some acres but I'm amazed how the standing water has disappeared and how shifty the crop looks.
    If it's like this here the traditional dry areas must be really screwed?

Salinity has really expanded with the dry weather. Side hills are suffering. Good land in low areas has gone dead.
    Another excess rain hangover type thing.
    The next generation will hopefully see some improvement.

Comment

Misery loves company. My crop is a ****ing mess. All it needed was a half inch. Three weeks ago.

Comment

I can't complain too much. Not perfect and still hopeful. But WILL need rain.

Comment

If we don't get a substantial rain soon our canola crops are done!

Comment

I think this is a sub 12 mmt canola crop.

Wonder how the industry rations that?

Or do they use the standby strategy of saying it's a big crop drop the price with the help of statscan then shit hits the fan.

Comment

Going to be very blue here. All crops looking good. Honey bees should be happy providing we don't insecticide them.

Comment

Looks like the trade woke up to the pending canola disaster. Sure hope guys pulled their targets.

Comment

We've quit spraying because not much growing. I'd like to see some rain to lower the price of canola and then I'm going to load up on November calls. From what I've seen rain is not going to fix this canola crop and if there is a frost around September 1st......
                  Wheat looks better but the price is definitely weak.
                  Sorry for the doom and gloom, maybe we'll start getting a few marks in the win column somehow.

How are the bids going at the summer auctions?

Comment

oh no , bucket , mustn't talk that way , lol. everything is perfect , don't you listen to all the crop reports ! there is nothing about any of this horseshit goin on that resembles a fair market ? hope these pricks that have been working so hard to keep prices down get caught with their pants around ankles and hurt bad . maybe they will remember not to play these f$&@: games anymore. wonder if canola dream team still shooting for 52 mmt or whatever it is . all winter when all of us knew seeded canola acres would be way down , they laughed at us . why isn't western newspaper printing several stories a day and pics of dying , dead , drought stricken crops . we sure hear lots from there about wheat gluts , why canola can't go up because of soy , blah blah , blah

Comment

Because Canada exports most of what is produced so it is dependent on those conditions not ours here. There will always be enough for domestic need.

Comment

Crops look decent here.

Comment

well I bet there isn't enough canola in Canada to keep all these crushers going this winter so is that demand ?

Comment

Where are all these experts that tell us you must pre price x amount of your crop before seeding? Theyre pretty quite now arent they? Thats why most of those experts are or are from failed farms. Hope you guys get a rain fast.

Comment

Beginning to think alot of crop is priced because of lower yields.

How does 10 bushels at 10.25 float your cash flow. And know your 80 percent priced not 25 percent.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...