• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pope Francis addresses Global Warming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braveheart, it's just not true to say China and India are the big polluters - yes, you see some primitive systems belching smoke and toxins over there but their fuel usage/C02 production per person is miniscule compared to North America.

Agree with your thoughts on the Church of Rome though - I've no time for it.

Comment

Forage farmer, I do not feel any human with a brain would think that humans do not affect the planet. But thinking we are affecting climate, is a lot rich. If the pope feels we can change the climate, and prevent catastrophe, great, good for him. But he is mistaken and confused. Maybe he should actually read his Bible, and he would realize that climate will be the far least of our concerns. Maybe he should start reading his Bible, and start working on some of the concerns it mentions will one day happen, and try to deal with them???

Me thinks he is not reading his Bible, which is quite interesting for a fellow who is supposed to be so well versed in it's contents, huh?

Comment

Makes sense. Both global warming and religion are fairy tales told to the simple minded to guilt them into giving money to the schemers.

Comment

So let me get this straight. Most people here want people to accept GMO's because science has proven their safety. Yet out of the same mouth you say global warming is fiction and the scientists don't know what they are talking about. So what is it do we trust science and scientists or not. You guys a f'n insane

Comment

sure lets get the popes vast scientific
            knowledge.
            and make our decisions based on it .

i am not saying he is wrong.
            i don't know.

while we are at it , why not hear Peter Griffin from Family guy.
            He's got Lois for a wife.
            so he probably talks to god once in a while too.

better get 2 informed opinions
            before we do anything drastic

Comment

Some people think oil comes from dead dinosaurs,some dont know water can come from space. Everything is way more complicated then it seems and there is so much we don't know

Comment

Science is also completly fallible,an entire generation was hoodwinked into believing the most insane nutritional guidelines. Sugar is benign and eggs are bad. When you take a step back and look at it it's really amazing.

Comment

Freewheat

"I do not feel any human with a brain would think that humans do not affect the planet. But thinking we are affecting climate, is a lot rich."

So what you are saying is the damages humans are doing to the earth is in no way going to have any effect on the climate now or in the future

Freewheat, the Bible was written thousands of years ago, and what exactly does the Bible have to do with Climate Change and Global Warming discussion?

Comment

Humans have caused damage, but it is not affecting the climate. If it were, the eons of prior, much more rapid climate change was caused by? By what?

Regarding the Bible. It is relevant because I am quite familiar with it. The good pope should be as well. But he obviously is not, because if he were, he would be in Iran, Israel, Syria, etc., making peace as one small example, doing his darndest to fix the REAL problems. The Bible has strong hints about Iran, for example but not a thing about climate change caused by mankind. I guess that is why I wonder why he is avoiding the true issues, and attacking the non-existant one from his own guidebook???

Comment

Comparing CO2 emissions per person is the most ridiculous thing.

Comment

Freewheat

I thought your almighty Harper is currently making peace in that region. Dropping bombs in that area will solve all the problems created by his mentor George W Bush. Ya, but your right Pope Francis and the Bible should fix everything.

Comment

My almighty Harper????

Comment

The AWG cultists will not like this piece, but here is a scientist who dares face off against the Suzuki and algore type of fraudsters.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/carbon-week-the-sun-raises-the-seas

I would listen to Nir Shaviv, an astrophysicist, ahead of Suzuki, who earned his degree by measuring the length of a fruit fly penis.

Comment

Hmmmmm!!!! You've defended Harper many times on here! I didn't realize you backed Jack in 2011.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...