• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

glyphosate on RR canola,,,how many grams?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On foxtail barley in RR or Invigor canola I add Assure II. 50 acres a case. Its about $4/acre. I find it works better then simply bumping up the rate of glyphosate or Liberty. Its better then Centurion too on Foxtail barley.

Comment

Just sprayed Assure II on my faba beans today. Haven't used it before. How is it on volunteer cereals and wild oats??? Did the basic 40 (36 or so acres) a case rate.

Comment

Its as good as any other group 1 on cereals and wild oats. For whatever reason though it is really good on foxtail barley. It will work well on the Faba's. My Bayer rep was out trying to convince me to use Centurion on the Foxtail Barley with the Liberty but I refused. With all that added moisture the past few years the foxtail was getting out of hand in the low drowned out spots. My input supplier told me to try Assure as a tank mix with glyphosate and it worked well for me. Dupont supports it even though its not on the label. Only bad part is it is a group 1.

Comment

thanks sjc. I'll keep that in mind for next year.

Comment

Good to know. I have rr canola this year, and some of it is that land that was too wet to seed a few years and the foxtail got away. Control into year two? Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Edge works well spot applying plus you can actually use a different group.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...