• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what will the outcome be for prices today and forward for all crops in Canada. Since wheat is based on Min and not really based on a Canadian dollar we get the same or similar to the USA price. Then Canola when they have a great crop or perception of a good crop our price drops but at the same time when they had no soy our canola couldn't go higher because it just cant.
    Prices of feed are based on getting cheap corn into southern Alberta etc. Oats cant go higher because well its based in what the horse market wont pay.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH.
    Some times it sure seems the market is so full of shit its not even funny. Some say Governments don't control what's happening in Grain. Yea Bull shit is what I call. Russia has a huge crop coming yet not one single farmer could fertilize because of the costs. No Monsoon happening in Pakistan and India yet every thing is hunky dorky.
    USA cant get the last beans and Corn in but those acres don't matter since the rest are sitting in water and all is ok. No drought in Canada cant say that word its just dry. Big rains on weekend. Give me a F$%King Break it was hit miss dump hail piss in the wind rain event.
    Australia is all ok but man their looking for rain.
    Bull shit is out their and were hit with Bull shit every day.
    Cant use certain chemicals that could help us because one country wont take our product. Funny used all over the place but not their. Oh its not a trade blocker.
    On and on the Shit happens but the Market knows.
    Have a great week ahead!

Wait the three big crane companies really soon are going to realize small crop oh shit how are we going to make 1 billion again. Watch wait the three big crane companies really soon are going to realize small crop oh shit how are we going to make 1 billion again. they will come up with new reasons why the basis has to go back to where it used to be just has to.

Comment

What ever happened to Canada's PREMIUM for the highest quality,cleanest and safest grain in the world?

Comment

We traded that off to get US genetics like faller wheat.

We pay for wheat research and then go buy or register US varieties of lower quality.

Comment

Threw it away with the CWB wmoebis.

Comment

Funny a floor trader from Chicago laughed at us Canadians on wheat we threw out a monopoly for a Oligarchy!
            Or as I call them the three little pigs!
            I hated the cwb on one thing and that was getting paid two years out but now we have useless contracts that only get filled when it suits the grain companies!
            Farming it's starting to look like ah more than ever is really only for one group everyone except farmers!

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't have contract/delivery issues? I have a good relationship with the other members of the value chain.

As for floor traders whether CHI or elsewhere, wtf do they know? They live in their little world wearing funny coloured ill fitting suits, trading to what a computer platform tells them to.

As to the wheat board, there was never in history a more self serving, arrogant, closed minded, insecure organization.

We have LOTS of choices as who to do business with. If you're unhappy with the present move on. Try someone new. You're in the drivers seat. There really aren't that many customers anymore. Make yourself valuable.

Comment

Market analysts on Agweb mentioned that 80% of the trade is computer programing , no human control. So I guess we are living in the internet of things, like it or not.

Comment

From an early age was warned that elevator companies and grain buyers were out to cheat farmers.
                  Experience has been they were no worse than other business we dealt with.
                  Sometimes did not like grades, prices or delivery opportunity but, if I had life to live over, would try harder to work with them to get deals that were good for both of us.

Comment

I like your stand-up routine Hopalong, too funny.

Comment

I like your stand-up routine Hopalong, too funny.

Comment

Lots of pastuer, faller and prosper acres in s.mb, farmers have given up on hrs, the premiums arent worth the risk given lower yields on hrs. Graincos want volume, not quality. This is further pushing our capacity problems.

Also, Hrw bids less than feed wheat bids currently.

Comment

Fair comments, but did anyone but the farmer build additional capacity to handle higher volumes?

So the graincos got volumes reduced the price and farmers built grain bins for the eventuality of lower prices.

Brilliant.

And now who does canada compete with for high quality - no one because we lowered our standards to compete against the black Sea market.

Comment

Re building capacity, I hate building bins (try to avoid investing in things that rust or rot). But, extra bins, having storage capacity on farm gives me control. Of course financing and cash flow becomes an issue, but if the market is paying me to store the grain, I want the ability to do it.

Comment

Couldn't the market just as easily pay the graincos to store grain in position rather than take a month to fill a boat?

And charge farmers for the demurrage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...