• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, is the drought over yet?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought is far from over. Still huge acres in the Moose Jaw/Regina area that have received nothing this year. There will be those fortunate enough to grow a crop in the east that will receive decent prices. Good for them. It's about time.

Comment

Tweety have you guys got any decent rain over there in the past 5 days ? I know it is still dry SW of Battleford. Only pockets with good rains over here , very strippy

Comment

12/15mm since snow gone Grass looks dead alfa at near 10% bloom but to shorh to cut in most of field, Pasture ok but mostly old lake bottom. Cloudy cool 14deg yesterday

Comment

only a few tenths. And spotty. If summer is supposed to be hot and dry, this is gonna be ugly.

Comment

Farmaholic, a very good guess. If the whole of western Canada reports those numbers as an average yield, I would guess a 10 year low for grain and oilseed production would be the result.

As things stand right now I think a 5 year low is a lock.

Comment

Just back from a little drive what a f$&king disappointing rain event! Guys will be out again in hours and days! Whaley seems to be doing the best as roots are going down! Canola is the sick one some fields ok to awsome and then it's what's growing out their!
              So my assessment is its shot gun rain hit some and miss the next!
              Good luck all it gets hot and July hits even out good stuff will suck the hind tit.

Comment

On drive out to Echo today, most crops are just sitting there, with many ungerminated strips.

Comment

Welcome back the old SF3 and get ready to start kissing ass elevator companies

Out

Comment

Welcome back the old SF3 and get ready to start kissing ass elevator companies

Out

Comment

tweety, your favorite crop(flax) residue gets stuck between the disc and sc****r. Tough wheat straw can too. But it is amazing the lodged cereal straw it can 'comb' through. The disc MRB cuts the straw which helps it feed through the rest of the ranks of openers. Tough pea vines are a ****ing right-off, but can be for just about any drill. Canola stubble poses no trouble. Better manage the straw coming out the back of the combine and also harrow. Harrowing not much of an option for flax or pea stubble. I still think it would be better than the dual opener options but NOTHING is perfect. Ask SF3, I think he has both types. Will be a high maintenance rig.....

Comment

Sometimes being in a generally late seeding one is a Godsend. Fortunate staging. Crops here are starting to move, and look really great actually. Certain fields strippy and patchy from shallow seeding, but we got an inch and a quarter Thursday that will heal that, to a great extent.

Looks like back to normal or better for yields in this area at this point for the first time in many years. We will still need another shot of rain, but the concern for now is over, thanks to that soaker. Hay and pasture will hopefully respond as well, it was in tough shape.

Seeded some lawn on Thursday ahead of the storm, and it has remained damp and cool since then, so I should have a great catch on that piece. lol

Good temps for spraying sensitive crops in this next week it looks like; Nice moderate temps coming up.

Best wishes to you who need a good soaker. We got lucky. Been a long time for luck out here. Ahhh farming! as someone on here would say.

Comment

Sometimes being in a generally late seeding one is a Godsend. Fortunate staging. Crops here are starting to move, and look really great actually. Certain fields strippy and patchy from shallow seeding, but we got an inch and a quarter Thursday that will heal that, to a great extent.

Looks like back to normal or better for yields in this area at this point for the first time in many years. We will still need another shot of rain, but the concern for now is over, thanks to that soaker. Hay and pasture will hopefully respond as well, it was in tough shape.

Seeded some lawn on Thursday ahead of the storm, and it has remained damp and cool since then, so I should have a great catch on that piece. lol

Good temps for spraying sensitive crops in this next week it looks like; Nice moderate temps coming up.

Best wishes to you who need a good soaker. We got lucky. Been a long time for luck out here. Ahhh farming! as someone on here would say.

Comment

We work pea stubble in fall with the Kelly easy to seed into. Canola I think we're just going to work all canola fields in fall so nice to seed and crop was up fast and furious . The second drill the seed master is long gone were running two bourgeois one ten and one twelve spacing both with anhydrous down the coulters.

Comment

How do those middle class drills work for you SF3?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...