• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic growers do bats work?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic growers do bats work?

Just wondering. Hired man needs a project. control leaf hopper, mosquito, many worms including cut as they eat the moths, midge, etc etc. any bad points other than setting a few poles mid field?

A three chaimber rocket box seems would be quite efficient to build and better insulation out in open on a pole. They can move amongst chaimbers for temperature preferance. My understanding is they migrate past us in search of a home further north. We have no homes here for them. So build it and they will come.

Comment

Has Whitenose syndrome affected the bat population in Prairies?

Comment

Our hip roofed barn has been unused by livestock for 10 years and the brown bats have made it their summer home for almost that many years.They leave when the swallows leave and come back when they return in the spring.The bats feed on the same insects as swallows but are night time feeders whereas the swallows are daytime feeders.

Comment

Yup a lot of bats here too amongst, in, and around the old buildings. Can go out any evening and watch them at dusk, scooting around. I think you would need a large schwack of houses to have a fairly complete impact.

They also roost in large trees around, but you need good large stands of bush to have a good chance at effective trees.

I find the thought very interesting, hopper.

Comment

No comma makes it sound like hobbyfarmr is doing work bats usually do.

Comment

If true a bat can eat catch 1000 mosquitoes in one hour. 4000 insects per night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...