• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meaningful rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing really in Regina. It was dark it was windy it was spit spit spit and gone.
    Basically not much at farm from yesterday morning or last night it disappeared before it got to us. Was going to quit spraying early because it looked great and then did two more tanks as it crashed and burnt.
    Oh well what's their is growing roots and heading south.
    Next one.

Comment

120 k winds, sideways rain, and marble sized hail. Lost half the home farm yesterday. Corn shredded, peas flattened, hay ruined, and alfalfa seed a write off. Canola beaten into the mud, but should recover. First real meaningful rain of the year and this is what we get. 2015 will be one to remember

Comment

Were under one of those purple cells on the radar? How did the yard hold up? This could be a good year for those who manage to grow a decent crop, sorry to hear about the damage.

Comment

Yes, directly under one cell. Yard is ok, nothing moved. Lost a few bee shelters, but less than I expected. The wife is not happy, no garden left.

Comment

where is that brian ?

Comment

Looks like the hail hit Enchant, Hays and Vauxhall hard. I'm in Scandia

Comment

I guess the price of canola seed is going up.

Comment

Really? Hundreds of farmers lost a large portion of their crops, let alone the damage to homes and buildings, and you're thinking about seed prices?

Comment

Yeah really. It sucks and you and your neighbors have my sympathy. I also hope you have insurance. But for the rest of us that is the heart of hybrid canola production, meaning the potential for seed shortage.

Comment

This hail storm won't cause a shortage, canola is one of the most resilient crops after a hailstorm. It'll come back. We'll be late, but it'll come off. The massive reseed after the frost will be an issue, though. That emptied the warehouses. The big companies had a lot of seed carried over that got used up. Did they tell you that? no. Were there any spring discounts because of the large carryover? Not that I know of. Because of that, the seed companies cut planted acres this spring. Then the frost basically cleaned them out, so there will be less seed for 2016.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...