• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Bank

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Bank

The World Bank is now the largest organization to urge the U.S. Fed to delay it's much anticipated rate hike. With a major slowdown in trade from the BRIC emerging markets, there is now global contagion risks that could swept through global financial markets quickly.

South Korea and New Zealand cut rates last nite in their battle against deflation. China and Australia are expected to cut rates further.

China, Russia, Brazil and India have all entered a recession. This has now impacted global trade significantly.

Should the Fed hike rates year, this may be a huge error in judgement as global financial contagion risks are now high.

ProMarket Wire, Calgary

Hiw is the USA with huge debt moving forward and we're all sucking the hind tit.

Comment

I have no idea, but there is probably a million times more misinformation and manipulation than you can ever imagine. Cotton......

Comment

Not sure anymore,like you said information is so twisted you cant make sence of it.

Guessing but policies seem more reactionary in nature meaning its chaos out there.

All roads from histories play book point to war but i think it will turn bipolar like most of the last century,would not put any money on it though,lots of small scales stuff,like the tactical nukes used in yemen(unconfirmed)cool videos though.

The financial spectrum seems to be easily controlled a decade ago i mistakingly thought that monetization of debt would upset people apperently not.

Comment

About the only thing for sure is; the world is not ready for the next recession.

The Fed is playing with fire right now.

Comment

The bank has been "offering" to help me find some investments for what the view as excess cash, they used the whole cash is going backwards thought. My feeling right now is the three g's of investment may be wise. Ground , Gold and Guns.......

Comment

And note I didnt give erroll grief I agree with him, ( is that like when your barber starts giving you stock tips and you know the markets peaked?)

Comment

It would seem to me the only reason the U.S. fed would raise rates is to give them more room to lower them in the future when the economy slows down. The other question to ask is the US economy really doing that well most new jobs being created are lower paying I think the portrayal of a strong US economy is a statistical slight of hand.

Comment

Why so much concern with the US? If the US is in recession the rest of the world (ROW) is in depression. In Canada the debt hides at the provincial level. Ontario is in worse shape than California. If the US raises rates 50 basis points they will own the rest of the world since the strong dollar will be able to purchase every asset on the planet and that is why every government and central banker on the planet is begging the FED not to raise rates.

Comment

The Achilles heal is the bond market and the trigger is the derivatives market.

What I think may happen is that you will see an ever increasing number of soverign bailouts because they cant afford to trigger a derivative default pay out because the money to pay off them is not there. Therefore if say Greece defaults and the bond holders and naked speculators on those insurance contracts dont get paid out there will be panic in the bond market that their insurance hedges are worthless so what then are the bonds worth that are paying you a few points to take on all the default risk?why bother?

Comment

These are all really good points brought-up on this thread. From guns and gold to bond risk and U.S. dollar king of the world to U.S. rate hike to be able to lower them again.

Will Greek banks be closed on Monday?
                      Quite a mess that now appears to be quickly coming to a head.

This will not be bullish toward commodities, especially with emerging BRIC economies now in-recession.

Comment

Old advice was one third wealth in gold, one third in land.
                        If situation is so dire, why not more money going into gold?
                        Note gold price dropping for last two months while DOW has held up, at least until this week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...